Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Could just be the distance. They don't show up on any map if you are too far away.

Also, it's dusk. How many shadows do you see at dusk?

I wonder if we get a fencewall/fencebox equivalent? Even if we get the barriers from Avalanche but heaps more of them. Would suck if all we get are solid blocks.

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Dear Bungie,
    I forgive you. All this time, I thought you were ignoring me, and you were going to leave me alone along with Theater Mode and Ranked BTB. But I've seen how sincere you can be by giving your fans a map where they can work their magic in, a place where more and more Halo 3 Players will be begging to start up their games in. I no longer have to feel like the dirty ***** corner of Halo 3. Maybe we can do that threesome you promised me with Match Making soon. :3

Love, Forge.

3. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

If this is real, then i'll probably start playing Halo again ... just for Sandbox. For cereal.

4. Fallenrat

Fallenrat Ancient

For Cereal!

Also I can't wait too.

5. Welsh Mullet

Welsh Mullet Ancient

Looks like the real thing. Fits the drawing that was on bungie too.
    The sticky up things and the tower... OMG so coolz:happy::cry::haha:

6. Something.

Something. Ancient

I think those red and blue orbs hanging above the bases aren't a filter, but actual lighting. The equivalent of using mancannons in foundry for the glow.

7. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Well you know, I think he's right boy-crackie!

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

The blue orb actually looks like an object's teardrop, the one that's attached to every object you move around. If that's the case, then the object would seem to be closer than we think, and invisible. Lighting does sound like a reasonable idea.

[edit]: Upon a closer look, they do appear to give each base a red and blue color to each base. No more interlocking powerups into geometry!

9. Felipe dos

Felipe dos Ancient

I don't think the red and blue orbs are either tear drops or powerups. To me it looks like they are what emits the lights onto the bases. I bet they're base markers.

10. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I think that's the safest bet. I just hope they aren't visible in game. Forge mode only plox!

So far I see 6 double boxes used in each base. So we'll have at least 12 double boxes to work with.

I love that they have pillars now! I think everyone has been waiting for those!

11. that worm

that worm Ancient

i agree with felipe, they do look like base markers
    http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-discussion/52847-sandbox-wishlist-get-your-ideas.html

i guess thats a tick in two/three of those boxes
    a flat canvas with every object forgable
    simplified immovable objects (they look immovable to me)
    and the base colour markers (kind of, they could be mixed, and come in other colours)

EDIT: in the sketch you can see the moon, and in the screenshot a sunset
    so either
    they are both in the sky at once, and the moon cant be seen from the angle in the screeshot
    or
    you can change the time of day

hmmm ...

12. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

This image still doesn't sell me on too much...one thing we haven't bitched about is the "worn" boxes mean not perfect rectangles grr face

13. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

If you look at the edges here, it doesn't really seem like they're that worn. I think it's more the texturing that is worn:
    [​IMG]

14. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I wouldn't let little details like that get in the way of sandbox's potential. Eloquent floating bases, Big team battle maps, Relic, Race Maps, Mini-games...The list goes on and on my friend.

I mean you can actually make a decent pyramid, a freakin pyramid!

15. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Who says it's not the size of Santrap? It looks like Sandrtap.

Perhaps Bungie made a map on Sandbox that would remind us of Sandtrap, because it is the size of Sandtrap.

Why would they hand us over a blank room that seems to go on forever but is this small? You know why there is a minefield? Because Bungie placed it there to reduce the size of this map. Not Sandbox it self.

I have a feeling that Minefield is placeable, and that forging itself will become 1000x more than what it is today.

16. evilvillager

evilvillager Ancient

Actually a freaking hollow pyramid would be better!

I mean for infection.

17. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Dude, don't be so speculative. Don't use logic with this either, just go by what we have in the picture. It most certainly does not look to be the size of sandtrap.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a placeable minefield. To date Bungie hasn't given us that kind of option for any sort of map barrier. Why now? Besides that's way to powerfull a tool to give forgers. What we have in the picture is what we're probably getting.

18. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

The fact that you can't see a single teardrop in that picture makes me believe that's an in-game screen, not Forge.

19. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Honestly textured, think about it. We can't see any weapons on the map as of yet. Every object that has been placed has its teardrop underneath it. So, how are we even supposed to see teardrops?

20. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

If you look at the massive picture I posted above, you can see that there is clearly a BR placed on the bottom right half pyramid structure.

Also, I FOUND BOTH SKULLS! YES, THERE ARE TWO!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.