Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

That looks like a pretty small hole in the heatmap. Maybe it opens up to a larger buried temple or something, ala Raiders of the Lost Ark.

2. sSalvation

sSalvation Ancient

I doubt there is going to be an underground tunnel, but i want there to be one. Lucky enough for us we have a new amazing forge map that will be the new foundry i am sure of.

3. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

You are correct Zeppelin... if people wanted to make the biggest map possible, they would utilize the flooring of the middle part of Sandbox... go read "My Anti-Foundry" in my sig... it talks about not recreating geometry that already exists to save resources...

And I am happy for the cavern, mainly because I have a map planned to utilize all the levels...

4. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

I know. I read them all. And I'm still contemplating whether I want to build a map I have planned on Avalanche or on Sandbox. I already have the base and the hiils I ned there for me, but I want to make something on Sandbox so bad.

5. G043R

G043R Ancient

I have an idea for pancakes canvas I'll show you later lights if you let me.

6. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

[​IMG]

OK look at the picture above. So they've built a hill with a hole in it over the centre spot. The spot where we've been speculating there's a tunnel...

Now if there ISN'T a tunnel down there I would have to say that's god aweful map design. Because that hole on the hill would just be a little pit that you'd be trapped in.

But if there IS a tunnel, well then, the hole dosn't seem quite so foolish anymore does it...

7. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Well that is one of those four way tunnels with a hole in the top, like the ones seen in Sandtrap. If there is a cavern, it's not going to be accessible midgame unless Bungie sticks a map down there onto a default. Bungie probably blocked it off in all of the maps. You can't get to the Skybubble on the default, can you?

8. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

it also seems to me that the item the spartan is standing on would be a very good plug for a hole.

9. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

yah, if u lkook at it, it seems like it would fit perfectly into the hole if turned and flipped. or just set down on top of the structure, looks perfectly matched

10. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Or perhaps like the Sky Bubble you also have to enter a teleporter to get under! Really guys, how many people do we need to say "Yeah, that does look like it could plug up the hole!" Lulz... thinks we get the point.

Sense my Halo 2 disk is gone forever I think I'm just going to load up Halo 1, die multiple times, check objective spawns, look at a few main points, then build it on Sandbox. Being as it is going to be my first map made on Sandbox, and my first remake ever, I am going to spend a very long time on it.

Yes, I understand that a lot of people are going to remake Boarding Action as well. But I don't really care, because they are just going to rush it, spend about 5 hours on it, then call it good. That's not me, and I might even measure the Boarding Action on Halo 1 to make my remake precise.

Going to be easy because no geomerging is involved. Yay!

11. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

I think the first remake I will do is Sol System, a custom map on Halo 2 Vista. It is easily the greatest detail I've seen in any Halo 2 map, and has great potential on Halo 3, if done with a few more rooms.

12. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

yeah, i hope there is a canvas ready (from the brits or aussies) by the time we get the maps here in the US. With all default objects still on the map, just out of the way, neatly stacked or sumthin

13. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

If you've been reading the updates OLN + canvas maps isn't a good idea.

14. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

He's saying a canvas with all of the default objects put aside. That way instead of making a canvas we can use any default object that is already there and increase our OLN. If all of the default objects are put aside, then it will be easier to forge on the main part of it.

15. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

OK, I was going to read through all the comments since my last post but thats not such a good idea, theres about 60 pages!

The 7-Wood, I thought that picture was just a joke because of the golf balls (hmm, golf balls, nice link to Sandtrap)! And 9 golf balls? Why 9?
    The Item List in game is going to be awfully long! Will it be divided in to subcategories or will we just have to get used to a massive list?

16. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

Bungie themselves have already recommended doing this you guys. Besides, I won't have to worry about it because I'm forging in the sky, yay! Maybe while I'm playing Halo 1 I'll find some other cool structures to stick in my Boarding Action remake. I wonder what I will name it...

Nope, the Golf Club, Golf Balls, and Tin Cup are real. I'm sure famous puzzle makers are going to be sticking these in their Sandbox Puzzles for us to find... Buddhacrane!

17. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Oh I ain't gonna make you find 'em. I'm gonna make you use them!

MwahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahaha..............

I really hope those tin cups are moveable, there's so much potential there.

18. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

lol. i hate how this is getting to the point where i post now, and when i go to check on it in like 3 hours, there's already another 10-20 pages!

19. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

What's the history we've had of Bungie making Forge Maps?

20. crazeye0

crazeye0 Ancient

I'd check the 60 odd pages to see if anybody thaught of this, but me checking 60 pages? yeah right.

Anyway, when i first saw the killballs I was quite intruiged as to what people would use them for, however, I recently decided one blatantly obvious thing...

Duel of the fates remake anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.