Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

kthx :) so that means on the 8th or 9th of April
    Sadfaic, i gotta wait a month after u guys :( or some of u. oh well i got 2 maps to finish up and one almost posted. thx once again. srry if this was a bit off topic.

2. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Thats really odd. Usually the USA gets the games first. Damn you ensemble and your european ways.

3. maserfish

maserfish Ancient

4. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

:(

I can't wait to see what you're working on now though.

Anyway, some guys at Bungie are now speculating what we already speculated about. :p

5. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

Woot!
    My birthday!
    That is win gift, gracias Bungie!

Anyways, I wonder if anyone looked at Urk funny for his pancake comment that got us all thinking about the tierness of Sandbox.
    I really want to know if he intentionally did that....

6. maserfish

maserfish Ancient

Also: Look at the captions under the different game-viewer images. "Overview Top," and "Overview Middle". It stands to reason that it wouldn't be called "middle" unless it was between two separate tiers.

Counterpoint: Why isn't the lowest level also a game-viewer option?

Answer: It isn't yet...

EDIT:
    Wow, I'm 0-for-2 on making excellent comments before someone else does.

7. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

it has prolly already been discussed, but i dont want to look back over x amount of thread pages, but WHY THE GOLF STUFF?? i know its all good fun and games, but i would rather have more High ground style scenery, or more switch-usable materials such as dumpsters

8. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

We will get our dumpsters and crates in the form of Stone Blocks. Yes, "Block Tiny" And "Block Small" will be movable.

9. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

But why golfing paraphernalia???

10. The Nasal Abyss x

Wow, very nice finds guys. I swear, over half of people on the internet who do this kind of stuff (finding things out) should become some crime scene investigators! I'm very impressed by this finding of said "UnderBubble" (<my favorite one from zepplinboy's list :) Fact is, I'll still be as happy as can be even if the "UnderBubble" thing isn 't true.

Bungie has already outdone themselves and I'm very excited for Halo Wars and the Mythic Map Pack. Can't wait until March 3rd!

And an animated gif that fits the occasion because that's how I roll:

[​IMG]

Not really fitting, but still funny!

11. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

Im not sure aboot you guys, but i would of been complacent if Skybubble was a map, all alone, that was released instead of sandbox

12. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

I think that the golf stuff will somehow be able to do with switchs, ill try to draw up a pic. ill edit into post, check back plox.

and Yeti, thx ill inv u to a testing session if u want, i dun use the Testing Guild though. This is probably my best map yet.

13. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

Is anyone gonna make a Cobra-N-Mongoose (As apposed to Cat-N-Mouse) game? Mongooses can be players riding mongooses with 500% damage resistance, and Cobras can be 300% speed players with splazers. Mongooses can be two to a 'goose, everyone has a splazar. There will be great environments for us to play on!

14. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I have no clue. Maybe Bungie was getting sick of the Soccer Balls?

I know I'm going to have fun with them though. :p

15. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

DIBS ON 9-Iron CANNON!!!!!

16. hiddenninja17

hiddenninja17 Ancient

I should've realized that there was probably an underground level earlier. How else would you be able to use the tunnels mentioned in the IGN interview with Lars and Brian? You know I might actually make a map now instead of being a lamesauce.

17. Resix

Resix Ancient

God i am so happy my dad reserved halo wars limited edition for me so on march 3rd i will be making some epic maps on sandbox i plan on resurrecting a few minigames into sandbox.

18. xFr1ct10nx

xFr1ct10nx Ancient

ok heres my theory on how golf clubs will help with switches
    [​IMG]
    The golf club would fall when u grab the power up and then blow up the fusion coils as indicated by the green arrow. then doing something that u can do with that, alot of stuff in other words.

plz keep in mind that this is a very rouh sketch, and srry if it is too small

19. RaVNzCRoFT

RaVNzCRoFT Ancient

I think that looking at an object and pressing B should toggle that object's collision model--that is, it would still be there (perhaps transparent), but you could walk right through it. Then you could place your other objects and easily/quickly interlock. Then toggle the collision model again and bang--interlocked objects in seconds, without starting a new round.

I can still dream, can't I?

20. theheat

theheat Ancient

Lars and Brian were referring to "tubes".

Looking at the Bungie Humpday update unfortunately the lights are in fact visible during normal games :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.