Sandbox Discussion - Watch your spam.. (Interview links in OP)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Something., Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Click the spoiler link. They're there.

2. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

These heat maps are awesome tho... i actually have an idea of the maps layout. i couldn't really tell from before in the screenshots lol.

3. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I still really don't have an idea of Orbital's layout. It looks weird in the Heatmap.

4. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Even though I'm glad we got these, I still wish we had more detailed pictures of the two maps other than sandbox.

Possibly a video fly through? ^_^
    /crazy request

5. Glitch100

Glitch100 Ancient

Any Ideas on where the skull is in sandbox :?
    Maybe floating in the skybubble!

6. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

lol. yeah, that would be absolutely AMAZING. but i don't think its taht crazy of a request. That may be on the list of things to do for bungie in these coming weeks preceeding the mythic map pack release.

7. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

I agree orbital's layout is way to complicated to be much good for forging. However it is a space map which halo 3 has never had before. Could you imagine being able to break out of the map and build large floating maps in space. You could alter a gametype that resembles low gravity. Anybody think this would be cool? Discuss!!!!!!

Also orbital might be useful for conquest maps seeing as you can easily alter path for cool effects. Maybe urk will give us a brief object preview of orbital and assembly. Looking at assembly there is much room above the map so I think it will also be very useful based on the amount and size of immovable objects available. Man this is going to be great.

8. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Bah, Orbital looks awesome. I want Orbital almost half as much as I want Sandbox. Which is still a lot.

I'm glad we get "crates" and "dumpsters" in the form of Box Tiny and Box Small as well.

Also, I'm sure we will get a video flythrough on all three maps in the coming weeks. Maybe this Friday, as I don't think there's much else to show us without videos (unless there's still something crazy on Sandbox, which I doubt). Maybe even some gameplay videos.

9. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

"And my research at IHOP shows that the most common number of pancakes is 3."

We have seen the ground and the skybuble. That's 2!!!!!!!!!!! there will be more.

Duh duh duh. /JK

10. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Is anyone planning on making any mini games on sandbox? or re-making any old diamonds?

11. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I like the space idea (if its possible) but conquest maps have to be exactly the same for each side, and Orbital isn't perfectly symetrical.

I see alot of potential for these maps for forge as well. It's almost like adding geomerging and adding immovable objects to the pre-dlc maps. I'm sure we'll get good stuff from all of the maps.

12. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

hmmm i remember a map from halo: CE that was set in space and it was on the sides of two ships facing each other, and there was a HUGE gap between the two where there was just empty space. It was rather massive and had many stacked levels, and teleporters to travel between the two... I was hoping thats what orbital will be like, but i doubt it. But, if you can bust out of the level, it would make for some awesome games :D

has anyone gotten out of cold storage successfully, btw? I still haven't been able to do it.

13. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I was planning on remaking Ascension from Halo 2. And I was planning on making a reimagination of that map Tunnel Raid that was made on Last Resort.

That map was called Boarding Action, and it was awesome. I look forward to people's remakes of that map.

14. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but I am bringing it up:

We all know about the object limit.

Notice that it say variants as in more than one default map.

Each map will have a different amount of items. If we want to be efficient, we need to use rather than delete them.

Here is what I am getting at.

Default Map A: 300 Objects
    Default Map B: 200 Objects

If you subtract the default objects on the map (D) from the limit (L), you will get the extra number of parts usable.

L-D=U

640-300=340
    640-100=440

What is the best option? Map B is.
    Why? It has less items.

If a map has less items, it is easier to deal with them and you will have more items left if you decide to delete all of them.

That is the basic knowledge of why we need to do what I am asking you to do.

Our task is to find which default map has the least amount of items.

15. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

i heard linu was planning on remaking hero's boulevard if sandbox was what he was predicting. But that was a long time ago. With an item list like that i am sure he will go through with it.

I predict that as soon as sandbox is released everybody will forge mini game maps for a couple weeks. Then everything will quite down and competitive maps will take over again. I am going to have nightmares about how many tower of powers forgers are going to make on march 3rd. Anybody else agree.

My first project is going to be a large review hub map featuring many different stories as well as a penthouse for the leader of the review hub. this is just what I came up with from earlier pictures now I am sure I will think of other stuff in the next 20 days though.

I found this quote over at bungie.net

16. The Cheat

The Cheat Ancient

We should seriously increase the site's bandwidth, because if we don't....the number of map posts might destroy it...

Anywho...better get back to thinking of how I will recreate the map I showed everyone, a good 30 pages back...

17. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Not quite. Look at it this way. You have map A with 300 default items like this:

640-300=340

So You have the 300 items to forge that Bungie gave us already on the default map, and on top of that another 340.

If you have map B, with only 100 items on the map, then it will play out like this:

440-100=340.

So we only have the 100 items Bungie gave to us and the extra 340. There will be 340 extra objects on each of the defaults, so therefore we should forge on the map with the most items.

18. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

Did anyone else think:

[​IMG]

I came.

19. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Lol, I don't think Orbital is a remake of Damnation.

20. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Mallet wins observation skillz.

No, its probably not a remake, but damn the two look alike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.