Salberd

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Flair iz NasTy, Feb 13, 2009.

?

What do you think of this racetrack?

1. Completely Amazing!

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. It looks pretty good.

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. It sucks terribly!

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

Map Name: Salberd

Description:Salberd is an enormus double wide asteroid belt keeping you bulleting foward constantly! It was made by iTz Flair, WardsTime2Shine and assisted by JEEF12364.

Map Used: Foundry

Players Recomended: 4-14

Gametypes Recomended: Battle Lasers, Battle Snipes, Battle Tracks, Raceway

Construction Time: 15 hours

Pictures:

Starting Point:
    [​IMG]

Perfect Elevator:
    [​IMG]

Banked Box Turn:
    [​IMG]

Smooth Scoop:
    [​IMG]

Banked Wall Turn:
    [​IMG]

Tunnel:
    [​IMG]

Banked Fence Wall Turn:
    [​IMG]

Ending Turn/Vip Point:
    [​IMG]

Salberd Overview:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=66169935

Youtube Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSU93NPTg2I&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

#1 Flair iz NasTy, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. EGP

EGP Ancient

Wow just wow. You basically just put my dream of a race map and created it. What I like the most in race maps are the smooth turns that are slightly slanted and originality. Your map has both of these factors and that's why I like it. Also I like your interlocking and geomerging on this map. The starting line is what I mean by nice geomerging btw, and I dont think any other race map has had their starting point where you put it.

Nice job. Ill try to get to testing this later on.

3. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

Very good race track. I like how you used the same object till you ran out of it. Amazing interlocking and geomerging double boxes in the beginning, ver ynice :]

4. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

dude just a heads up. please dont give a rating without actually playing it first.

this map is maybe the cleanest race map ive ever seen on foundry. its not the most original tho except for the elevator which looks sweet, but there isn't a main feature of the track that sticks out cuz ur whole map is good, but just a thought for u.

nice map

5. HT konakid904

HT konakid904 Ancient

The only thing wrong with it is the fence wall are alittle to steep.

6. The Desert Fox

The Desert Fox Ancient

Looks unbelievable. the geomerging is smooth and the interlocking is flawless. What I don't get is why the download link doesnt work...

7. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

As others said b4, this is one of the smoothest looking racetracks of its time, or day, blah blah. I luv how you used one object at a time to make it look "clean", and your first few box merges look very awesome indeed.

My only problem with this is, and you probably ran out of objects, but it kinda looks like a coaster, roller coaster, you know? I say this because you don't really have it walled off, and if you fall off you are screwed. Still, a definite DL from me, and a pat on teh back. Unpedoently (<--Maybe, could be a meme?!!1)

8. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

I have to say that you are an amazing geomerger and interlocker. An amazing forger in short. Definite home on my HDD and 5/5.

EDIT:
    It seems that your link is down. Please fix it or I will starve to death out of hunger for this map.

9. JEEF

JEEF Ancient

to all: i made the double box ramp and im using it in an upcoming map. great job on the map. i like the elevator

10. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

Yeah, I just fixed the link now, so to all of you, you can DL Salberd now. I didn't realise the link was screwed up, so enjoy!!

11. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

Wow this looks amazing. The only problem I see right now is that the fence walls might be too slanted for going straigt... I'll test this tomorrow and then rate it =)

12. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

Great track man from what i see i give it a 5/5.

13. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

holy crap. you really make nice geomerging...the only thing is like youtuber said, that the track isnt really blocked off, also it is missing some scenery to make it look nice, i live the whole design, now just work on the easy part, the details.great map

14. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

I'm not into racing maps, but I will say that this is definitely one of the cleanest interlocked/geomerged maps I've ever stumbled upon. Not one box or wall looks out of place, you really have mastered the art.

15. TripleO8

TripleO8 Ancient

Looks very nice, not original whatsoever i might add though. It is a very excellently made map, with the interlox and geomergezz, but this design has been done over and over again. The elevator is pretty cool though, and it still is nicely made, so 5/5 for aethetics but only 3/5 for originality.

16. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

dang man, youve improved alot! i remember like half a month ago when you released your other race map, and compared to this, that one looks like chewed up negleted runover piles of poorly backed pancake material. nice interlockin, and i bet Jeef made the double box start. hes such a show off, lol. i like alot of this, but dont start another untill sandbox, itll be better there.

17. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

Yeah dude I would have loved to add in some scenery, but my budget glitch broke right at the very end of the map, so I was pretty much screwed. Another thing, the reason there is not much bordering is because it is designed for Battle Lasers, which requires not many borders so it allows people to shoot easier without too much cover while racing :) It's definitly cheatproof though.

18. RK The Beast

RK The Beast Ancient

Oh my god, you should have named this map, thats hot or something because it is totally hot, this map is tight and stuff, and just to let you know, i totally forgot to comment on this when you asked me to soo i am really soorrryy hahaha, so this comment will be the longest comment in history, i advise you not to read this after this point until the last paragraph...
    Ok this map is like totally totally not really , but seriously totally and amazzing lly awesomely liske omg holy for shizz nuts and all that stuff, but back to the point that I am trying to make is that, this map is amazing aweseomely and crazily insane from the starting gate to the 3 boxs then to the floor, the rest of the map is ****, no im joking! the whole map is amazing amzing~! omg idk what to say for myselef and for you, omg this map is like omg , is this comment loing enough yet, ooh wait no its not haha ,ok so as i was saying, yah the turns and all that good suff is very smmoth, the ending ,thanks to mee haha nah u really didnt do what i wanted you to do but besides that, good job, this map need to be like totally totally totally featured becuase it is definitely good engough to ywah yeanh! weeeeeeeeeeeeee lozy monkey* thats my trademark name so dont take it!!!!!!!! alright hahahaha yeee suong omg omg tnow i am just typing noesene like yeah hahahahahahah lozy monkeyt yet again, you should liek totally read this, becuase it is freaking long, oh by the way, dream if you read this, its not that i dont like you its just that your a little to stuck up for my taste, hey i tried to be friends with you but noooo and then you get all your little forge hub buddies to rate my map like ****, oh and then you and slik omg best frends ok so your two maps are in the winning for the contest and omg konakid like votes for me and you flip, idk thats what he told me, yet you have like 2000 billion freaking votes already, it makes no freaking sense to me, w/e dude lol back to idk and besides everything i can care less about what you think, yeah so like right now, i just got like this call from a random number, so i like called it back and stuff it asked me for an extenstion number but i was like nah so i just left a message instead haha, 2w3hat do you think of that , omg togomg im amn soo bored as you can telll, also sense i am venting, knight you are a little mean sometimes and i think that you should lighten up on people plleaase thanks! oh and spartan dam dude your maps are freadking insane, like my status, oh **** now i sound cocky hlhahal lolzy monkey ok so liked AnF Dragon, dude your maps are off da hook your rollercoaster one lane stuff lis like totaly like spartans lol, ohb and moondoggy wiat, idk, oh and like the hatter is mad, needs to accept my freind request becuase it is getting qutie annoyting,
    Oh dude do you know what would be funny! if there is like a limit the nubmber of woreds that i can use hahaha, that would sutck, couase ive been doing this for like 7 minutes now hahhahahaha ok back to th3e goood stuff!
    Alright so what was i saying,,, hmmm idk lol

Well shadown flair, this map is off the hook! 100000000/10 lol nice job

AnF

19. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

The starting point is cool, different then most.Merging/interlockin is smooth which is necassary for a race map.Great job.4.5/5

20. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

Actually, with the speed you get while racing, the fence walls are perfect. Unless you really slow down the fence walls aren't too steep, even though they really look like they are :p