Sandbox Sacrifice v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Paranoia UK, May 2, 2009.

1. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Authors Comments

Sacrifice is a FFA/Team Doubles map I completed a few weeks ago. After posting it up I soon realised there were a few changes that needed to be made. The following map is a Version 2 of the original I made.

Sacrifice is a Sandbox variant created in the Skybubble. It is set up mainly for FFA, Team Doubles, Oddball & King of the Hill. The map features a large Colliseum like chamber. The chamber is surrounded my a multiple levelled walkway/corridor. It has a number of aesthetically pleasing features and is nearly 100% interlocked.

I have made many changes from the original version. I have completely changed the whole weapon and respawn setup. I have deleted an entire sub section of corridor and replaced with a new staircase. I have also raised the outer raised boundaries to ensure the map is not escapable.

Technical Specifications

Map Name - Sacrifice
    Link to Map - Sacrifice
    Map Used - Sandbox - Skybubble
    Map Author - Paranoia UK II
    Gametypes - FFA, Team Doubles, Oddball & King of the Hill
    Number of Players - 2-8
    Game variants needed? - None
    Advanced Techniques used

- Interlocking
    - Floating

Approximate Constructiont Time - Nearly 50 hours excluding play testing

Pickup List

SMG x4
    Spiker x4
    Battle Rifle x4
    Needler x1
    Mauler x1
    Rocket Launcher x1

Plasma Grenade x4

BubbleShield x1
    Powerdrain x1
    Active Camo x1

Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Paranoia UK, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. DarkFalcon

DarkFalcon Ancient

Wow looks great, it looks good, clean, and will play well. Maybe a few more pictures would be better so we can see how it works. Merging is smooth. I like the jail area. From what I can tell from the pictures given it is very small. Weapon placemant seems fitting for this kind of map with some small areas. Anyway. I'll DL and try it out. Good job. 4.9/5

3. DFS Faust

DFS Faust Ancient

Looks amazing 5.5!
    What item did you use for the jail section. the bars?

4. V

V Ancient

Interlock scaffolding platforms between two blocks so only the bars show. Repeat for as many bars as you desire.
    On topic, I loved V1, so I definitely had to dl this. I'll write up a brief review on any updates after I get some playing time on this map.

5. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

Well I've already downloaded this on on another forging site so I've already gotten a feel for the map. I thought this looked clean/smooth and very original. I really love where that active camo spawns, genius idea and also love the hill type feel at the bottom. One problem though. The spawns seem to be placed out in the open and not behind a piece of cover. Maybe add some cover at the bottom so that the spawns aren't just out there like that.
    Overall though I thought this was pretty sweet. 4.5/5

6. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

nice map veary smooth yet at the same time it's kinda small though. It looks very good! i love the veary long use of the bars.

7. kilamanjara14izback

I love all of your maps, everything from your foundry maps to your sandbox maps. Each of there own feel to them but also have the same smoothness and hill type of feel to it. There is something to it that just stands out over all of the other maps, I don't know if it is the smooth hills, the curved interlockings, or the overall cleanliness to it, or it might be all of them combined, all I know is that it is great and you should keep making these types of maps. Good job 5/5 keep forging.

8. Falconx03

Falconx03 Ancient

How did you make those bar jail things?

wow, I just noticed my sigs. I forgot I dont post here all that often so I use this as a sig saver. lol

#8 Falconx03, May 2, 2009
  9. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Brings back memories of Halo: CE maps. The smallish, tall maps were the greatest. This actually seems feature worthy. I love the way you used the slits around the map, it really gives the map an urban Forerunner city feeling. Great job, I love the look of this. 9/10. Amazing job, dude.

#9 mastersync23, May 2, 2009
  10. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

I did a forge-through on v1, and the geometry is ridiculous. There're a ton of different surfaces and it makes the map extremely unique. You used the "jail bars" very well; I like how you put the camo behind them. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the weird speed bumps in the hallways. They are aesthetically pleasing, but they're awkward to walk over. It's not a huge deal, but it's something you might think about changing. I have no idea how this map would play, but I'm excited to find out.

Nice forging, this map is truly something to look at.

11. A L0T

A L0T Ancient

i usually don't get excited about other people's forged maps, but *&#$!!!!! this is too good! the merged scafolding, amazing slit wall use, briliant scenery, and seamless ramped flooring....i personally loooove small maps, and doubles is the best lobby to be in. i give this amazing map a 50000000/50000000.

12. Mattra Machine

Mattra Machine Ancient

wow excellent forging and i mean EXCELLENT forging!!!! I love the "jail' looking area with the merged scafolding. it is very smooth to walk around in as well as beautiful to look at. all in all top notch forging and a very original map. well done! 5/5

13. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Hi, cheers for the great comments guys. im gonna answer most of the questions all in this post.

The jail bars are quite easy to make, simply turn the scaffolding on its side. Then interlock two others into it, the first should be 1/3 of the way in and the second 2/3. This will give an even interlock.

referring to the spawns in the middle, there are only a few in there, most are scattered through he walkways/corridors.

kilamanjara, thanks for the comments, you have left great comments on all my maps! can i send you friend request?

14. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

This looks fantastic. I've been waiting for a really great courtyard-style map for a while now, and that buttress-shaped structure at the top of the map is really intriguing as well. I'm also pretty iffy about the speed bumps in tunnels; I think they should be gradual slants if anything at all.

15. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

hi, the speed bumps are purely an aesthetic touch, plain corridors with perfectly flat floors is a bit dull and not very unique, that is why they are in there, the other good thing is they only take up one unit, ramps and floors take up more.

16. Jz890

Jz890 Ancient

This looks really geat dude i cant wait to DL and iuf anyone wants to start up a custom on it send me an invite/request jz890 = gamertag

17. oFatalAcex

oFatalAcex Ancient

I was running around this map earlier with my friend and I was blown away at how much merging and detail you put into this map. All the interlocking is at it's best. I love where the rockets are located and the jail cell bars right next to them add a really cool aesthetic to the map. The only thing I have yet to test is the game play. If all goes well when I test it, I would say this map should be featured. Good job bro keep up the good work can't wait to see more from you. 5/5

18. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

This map is awe inspiring. Absolutely amazing work. Fantastic for FFA.

10/10

19. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

wow that looks like some insane asthetics there... very unique layout too... the forging is superb and I can't say more becuase I don't have my xbox right now but looks really good!

20. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I already got a few different games in this and it plays pretty good only issue i had was some halways were alittle long and it took a few seconds to find a fight. Other than that it was a blast lots of good action in the middle and sides. Nice work :]