Runway

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Windburry, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Ok, fair enough. I had someone show me both maps, back to back. The overshield area and shotgun room area extremely similar. Sorry for the confusion.

2. Windburry

Windburry Ancient

That's cool man. I just don't want to be seen as a thief when I stole absolutely nothing and spent over 2 weeks of solid work on the map.

3. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Yeah, Chill Out and Runway are extremely similar maps, but not identical. Great work, man. Looks fantastic.

4. xZonKeD

xZonKeD Ancient

yeah i'm friends with windburry and i know for a fact that he built this map off a foundry canvas. i know he did because while he was making the map i would accasionalyly join his party and look around and mess around with it. i was one of the people of helped give him feedback for the map primarily the map all together, the bridge idea in the top area of the map, and when he was perfecting his man cannon. so truthfully winburry built this whole enitre map from a canvas and scratch and based it on chill out and prisoner no copying just ideas.

5. LIGHTSOUT225

ok we get it...its original. look Runway is dope and thats all we really need to worry about. countless customs already logged on this masterpiece. stop worrying about where it came from and start worrying about how someone could ever top it (if ever)

6. Windburry

Windburry Ancient

Thanks :) I wish I could have fused more Prisoner into the mix, I think my next map will have more of a focus on Prisoner and Damnation, or Rat Race (all from H1)

haha thanks Zonked, forgot you had an account over here. Appreciate you keeping an eye on my thread :p

Thanks again, had a lot of fun playing with ya on here earlier. You were the only guy who looked like he knew what he was doing =P

7. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

This map is really better than a remake. IT is great that you based it on another map but didn't copy it. I am going to download this, and consider this a nice little bump to the top.

8. Windburry

Windburry Ancient

9. LIGHTSOUT225

Once again, this map is f-ing ridiculous. Said it once and i'll say it again...Runway is the TOP map i have ever seen forged (personal opinion).

DL Now, it needs more recognition... and more importantly, should be featured.

10. StLouisRibs7734

StLouisRibs7734 Ancient

I played 1 on 1 with 110% speed, great fun.

11. Windburry

Windburry Ancient

Awesome, thanks guys.

12. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

This map is really good. It's nice and big and feels more like a real map then most maps that I've seen here. The spawning and weapon placement didn't seem very good when I played. The weapons seemed to be hidden. I found myself once spawn out in the open, and get instantly killed, then respawn by the rocket launcher spawn. That second spawn was fine, but I think the rocket should be moved. This map really feels like a "spiritual succeusor" to Chill Out, but I don't see the similarities to Prisoner. Except for the spawn and weapon placements, it seemed better than Chill Out, which is good.

13. Windburry

Windburry Ancient

Thanks man. I disagree with you about the spawns and weapon placement, considering there are no spawns in the center of rooms, they are all along the edges. The weapons are not hidden anymore than an official Bungie map. Thanks for feedback though.

14. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

This excellent map was brought up in the Shoutbox, and I'd thought I'd bring it back for the newer members to check out.

15. FordCalvin

FordCalvin Ancient
    Banned

post pics plz!

16. Coyote032

Coyote032 Ancient

This map is fun. When I played the part where both maps combined, near the Invisibility, seems like the central fighting zone.