Sandbox Rumination V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Le Hefe, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Le Hefe

Le Hefe Ancient

What up my fellow forgers and racers! XD is back, and has created a brand spankin new race track, "Rumination." For this race track i wanted to take a slightly different approach to race tracks. In this instance, taking a roller coaster style design, and incorperating it into a double wide race track. Rest assured it is made with double wide style, not roller coaster. I.E. a roller coaster style is single wide often with little or no interlocking, where as double wide style is double wide and every track piece is interlocked; smoothly.
    Rumination's iconic hill is the drivers' first destination. It takes 10 complete seconds to get up the monstrous hill, then after that, much like a roller coaster, it's all fast paced adrenaline and G Force pushin' mayhem! After the hill, one of the more subtle track elements unfolds. A smooth banked wave to dip to banked wave. Then, things go a little crazy...
    Dive down into a set of grav lifts and fly across one hill, two hills. Make a HUGE left turn and speed down the next hill. Remember to enjoy the scenery as soon you will be enjoying speed rushing through your fingertips as you level out and take a right turn under the lift hill. Then, hey you still breathing? Ok. Then coast down the last hill and finish one lap.
    Are you up for another?
    now for some pictures! pretty pictures!

TAKE NOTE THAT THE SHOTS AND VIDEO ARE FROM V1 I WILL PUT UPDATED SCREENSHOTS ON SOON

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YouTube - Rumination: Halo 3 Race Track
    DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=88993877
    Tanks fo reading!

#1 Le Hefe, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

i really really like the layout, it definately is unique. The only thing i wouldve changed is that i think putting that first set of grav lifts was a bad idea, because it is annoying being slowed down when you dont actually have to be

3. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

This map is very smooth, and even in reverse. Make a few touch ups, and I can easily see a mirror track for this track. The map as you have it has an extraordinary flow, starting out slow with the incline and then constantly working your way back down. I like it. The only part I had a slight problem with was the drop directly after the first. The grav-lifts should be at the top of the drop directly where the track starts to turn. This would entirely remove the problem of flipping over while going down that drop. I also noticed that you have not placed VIP starting points. You need to have two starting points for each mongoose, and each pair of points get their own team designation. (Attackers, Defenders, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th) Other than that a fine map!

4. Le Hefe

Le Hefe Ancient

thanks for the tips. look for an updated V3 soon!

5. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

im very impressed with this racetrack, the turns are very smooth and cleany interlocked. However do you have an uncheatable check-point? I would make one that way people dont just sit there an gain easy scores, anyways congrats on an impressive track

6. Le Hefe

Le Hefe Ancient

it's uncheatable, let me know if you find a way to cheat, however

7. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

that first hill is waaaaay to long! I tried it and its very boring untill you get to the top. Then its o.k. but still its a bit bumpy. Try smoothing it out then it should be better and make the first hill less steep.

8. Le Hefe

Le Hefe Ancient

then again i didn't want a map that was too short! haha

9. Nova102

Nova102 Ancient

very fun map though you should shorten up the hill a little 8/10

10. Rab1d Squ1rrels

Rab1d Squ1rrels Ancient

Looks nice. cant wait to play.