Ruins

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by dandanjeran, Oct 22, 2008.

?

how good?

1. sh*ty

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. ok

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. average

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. good

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. above average

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. dandanjeran

dandanjeran Ancient

"We know the world is at an end, when we fight on memorials of war"​

The pillars in this map are a monument to the fallen soldiors from the past battles of earth, now reduced to rotting lumps of rock. The site itself isbuilt on an underground tunnel. once a safe haven from bombs the tunnel serves af a hallway for bullet fire. The surface itself was smoothed for the monuments yet rocky outcrops still apear in places.
    This map is created for hectic vhicular battles(hence the openness please dont give me sh*t) for those who find this idea strange, or purplexing, i have included a tunnel for "pray 'n spray" and "gun 'n run" gameplay. The weapons are constructed of BR's, carbines 2 shotguns (no reloads), a sniper, 4 spikers, brute shots and maulers. i am aware of potential on this map for camping, but due to effecrive spawn place ment this is not a issue, or at least not one i have ever come across. itispossiple to reach the top structure but only through spawning there, again to prevent camping. VHIACLES ON SUCH A SMALL MAP!, YOUR CRAZY! i hear many of you shout, but i say no mr. controdicting evalulator i shall not be silanced. have you never played bull pen? and the large structures provide sufficiant cover for you, i am sure, great drivers to use at your advantage.Thanks for reading 3rd ever post, please dont nit pick although constructive criticism is appriciated :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bases

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    structure

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    chopper spawns

[​IMG]
    symetrical tunnel

LINKS:
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=56504712

2. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

Seems well good, but I had a little trouble reading your post, please spell properly. Nice to see some vehicle madness on foundry. DL later, my que is full.

3. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

seems very plain, with barely anything on it at all. Clearly you know how to interlock but it is lacking what makes a good map.

From what i can tell, there are not many spawn points set up... this could lead to easy spawn killing.

from what i can tell from the pics, you have 3 types of grenades on the map, a trip mine under a fire bomb grenade, with a bubble right next to that... Clustered. the choppers will destroy players on this map cause of the corners. not to impressed.

I'll dl and see if i'm wrong, but i doubt it

EDIT:

you have the link to your files share... which will then bring us to our share. FIx the link. or no DL's will ever happen. you need the link to the single file, not your generic folder.

4. FlipStik

FlipStik Ancient

Wow, it's really fun and the gameplay is definately different, I haven't seen any other Foundry map that also has vehicles rather than only guns. Great Job! Oh, also, side note: It's "Spray and Pray" not "Pray and Spray" Because, quite obviously you "Spray" your gun and "Pray" you get a kill, not the other way around. 3/5, Keep it up! Happy Forging!

5. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

The map is alright, for a map focusing on vehicles, this map is bad, you should make cool stuff out of Avalanche or a different map, though if you would have used a big top level mainly made out of fences then it would be great, but you have not so sad face :(, btw what the frik is that tunnel doing there???

6. Hovering Waffle

Hovering Waffle Ancient

Well, I like the idea of a vehicular map. I also like that it's on Foundry. Although I'd ditch the tunnel. The geomerging and interloocking look solid. The only problem is that this map is so plain, nothing really makes you say: "this looks like the gameplay would be amazing." Oh yeah and i wasn't fond of the choppers.

7. Mr. Whitestain83

this seems....empty i guess. I would really add more to it, it has nice geomerging and interlocking but it doesnt really seem to have a lot to play with.
    Just add more to it andit will be great. 3.5/5

8. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Nice use of interlocking in some places, but overall this map seems a tad bare. Have you considered sprucing it up a bit? I realize that you are going for a vehicular-themed map, but perhaps think about adding a section off the ground that man-to-man combat could thrive in? As is, anyone without a vehicle is probably without a hope.

Great post for a first, though!