Testing Ruckus. & Supremacy.

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Blaze, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Trying to make a map as simple as possible yet still complex enough to keep it from feeling plain, I've come up with Ruckus. It originally didn't have a roof on it but I made it into some sort of pavilion structure. This also effects gameplay. You can jump from an area on both sides to get on top, you have ten seconds to get back off but thats surely enough time to get yourself across to the other side or to drop into the midle where the glass pane has fallen.

A test version is up for download but only has rough weapons and spawns, plus only supports slayer at the moment. This verson is on a friends gamertag that was nice enough to let me use it's fileshare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've already made a thread for this but I didn't really include too many pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will clean up thread later! Sorry.

#1 Blaze, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I think the first map looks a little too bland and open on the outside. I know you were going for simple but I think you should add a lottle more structure. I haven't played it yet though so I don't know if its actually that big of a deal

3. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

They are quite bare, I may do a little bit to make it look a little more full. I don't want to block sight-lines though. I was going for a an elongation like LOS set up but of both x and y axis. Gameplay wise it shouldn't be a problem for 2v2 but if you played anything larger than that, it more than likely would be a to open. Of course I'll have to test to see myself and I'll definitely be making some adjustments when I can. Thank you for the concern, i'll be planning some stuff out to give cover incase when I test that it is a problem. :)

Edit: I guess it's preference based too. I personally love open maps. Some of my favorite maps are like, the pitt, ascension, midship and guardian. All of which are sort of open and halo long los with 2 or 2 segregated areas. I try to do a variety, but it shows that this way of balancing is my favorite.

#3 Blaze, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

judging from the picture, I like the style and simplicity. looks like the map would be easy to understand and navigate. nice recognizable structure in the center.

5. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

Thanks Fauch, it should be pretty easy to navigate and that gives you more time to experiment with set ups and countering jumps etc. :) The second one is a letter harder to grasp only because of the teleporters though they have dies in them to show which exit they go to. :)