Sandbox Round-A-Bout

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by geranamo, Jun 25, 2009.

1. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

Round-A-Bout
    Map: Round-A-Bout
    Gametype: Target Acquired

"Round-A-Bout" is very similar to the map "Halo" created by SERGENTSKITTLES (who I have asked if it is OK to build my own version, and he said yes, so don't hate), but I have added my own little things to it. There is now a Missile Pod and the track goes around in a circle twice.

Objective: Humans need to ride on a mongoose all the way through the course to reach the end and while they do so a Zombie on top of a tower is shooting rockets, snipes, and heat seeking missiles at you and you have to dodge them.
    I know there has been contraversy on who the real creator of "Halo" is but I really can't do anything about it and I'm sorry if you are offended by this map...kinda.

Traits:
    1 Life

Zombie Traits: 2000% Health, 50% Damage, Rocket Launcher/Sniper/Missile Pod, Infinite Ammo, 25% Speed, 200% Gravity, No Radar

Human Traits: 150% Health, 0% Damage, Sniper, Infinite Ammo, 100% Speed and Gravity, 75 Meter Radar

Last Man Standing: 200% Health

Custom Power-up: Instant Kill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 geranamo, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

Looks like a really fun map to me. I can see playing this at a party with my friends. However, are you sure the zombie can't get down to the platform below? It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to get past the kill ball.

3. Tully13

Tully13 Ancient

This is pretty damn awesome i think u shouldnt worry about the fact you used the concept from the halo map as that was only really a ring that anyone can forge this is much better and if you read the desription AgileDan92 you would see the zombie has 200% gravity making it alot harder to avoid the killball :D good map with some simple but very good asethics keep forging

4. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

Harder, but not impossible. One idiot can ruin the game. Play and see for yourself. I'm not saying it's a bad map. Far from it. It's actually really fun.

But if one guy manages to get past the kill ball, it's no longer as fun.

Also, what stops the zombie from shooting the mongoose as it comes out the gate?

#4 AgileDan92, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  5. Maxzy

Maxzy Ancient

Looks like a pretty cool map. My friends and I love playing Halo and when I show them this their going to love it.

To be honest, I don't think you should include the name of who you think built the original Halo. Like you said there is contraversy on who built it as there are so many diffrent versions.

6. SilverZephyr17

SilverZephyr17 Ancient

Well, we recently played a game where we tried shooting right at the beginning, but once everyone became aware of it, all you had to do was wait. If they waste the shots at the beginning, then you get a couple moments to dash away. And you never know if they will or won't shoot at the beginning. Surprisingly, it adds to the game.

Also, it's pretty hard to miss that kill ball. We've tried it multiple times, and the gravity + speed changes make it extremely difficult, if not impossible.

ALSO:

Fantastic map Geranamo. Once again, you've rocked socks with your mini games.

7. Xbloodybull3tsX

Xbloodybull3tsX Ancient

My friends and I agree that these kinds of map (...race infection...from a distance) are like the most fun party game on halo. Please make more of this kind of map. I've attempted to myself but it didn't come out very good at all. Keep up the good work, and does anyone know of any other maps like this?

8. Silva Sniper

Silva Sniper Ancient

Wow I love playing on this map.I always win and it is so easy to but it is a challenge for the humans to go once.How about twice?Great job man I love these kinds of maps they are so rich in gameplay you got my dl.

9. CyraxZ

CyraxZ Ancient

I've always been trying to get the original 'Halo' map on Bungie.net, but the searches never worked (cuz Bungie sucks that way). Now I don't even care! This version seems far more balanced and interesting than any 'Halo' variant I have ever played. It improves upon the original in every manner that comes to mind. So I'll know I'll be playing this one for a while.

10. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

This version seems like it plays very well, but my only problem is that it looks like you used part of the original track in that one area with the half-walls because that is the only part that is merged. The original Halo had everything merged, this doesn't and that seems like a real downside when driving, but surprisingly, it isn't because the angle that you are driving at is not much. But if you used part of the original track, you should say you did. Other than that, i like the aesthetics here. You made another great minigame. Keep it up, you are inspiring many people.

11. Xang

Xang Ancient

Dang! I really loved playing Halo with my friends but i really love this one since this one actually looks clean! Im also glad the you added missle pod the the zombie inventory! Im going to have to play this with my friends like... Right now! Great job.

12. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

This is all my work. I used the same concept of obstacles on the roads for the mongeese, but I forged everything myself. The whole road isn't merged because there weren't enough walls to support it.

13. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

My bad. It just appeared that way. Sorry. It is a great map though. The layout is great.

14. CyraxZ

CyraxZ Ancient

After a bit of playtesting, I found that the second set of half walls threw drivers off quite easily. I'm not sure whether this is because they are just driving poorly or not, but can you check to make sure that there are no bumps or gaps in that area? The guys I played with certainly weren't fond of it.

15. MUSICPIMPJR

MUSICPIMPJR Ancient

Do you enjoy ripping the insanely funneseseses of halo on halo?

What kind of sick person are you. I mean the map is good but how could you rip off such a great map.

16. ZOMBIECOW11

ZOMBIECOW11 Ancient

To me this is simply a new version of Halo with a few more add ons. I really don't think it is right to spin off of the halo creator(s) idea. It looks slightly better built than the original, but it is still a bit of a copy. It looks like it could be fun but I can't get over the lack of originality. 2/5.

17. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

Ahh yes. You may think that the second set of half walls might be a little bit sloppy because it seems harder than the first set. If you have played the map "Halo," then you know I used the same idea for half walls so humans would have to quickly move to a certain side. But in "Halo" the angle is slightly less angled than in Round-A-Bout so a sharper turn happens on a very challenging part. You can actually drive the mongoose more closely to the middle of the track than you think without falling off. Hope that explains everything and thank you! :)

18. Flowbotz

Flowbotz Ancient

This map is actually a copy of halo,but you added a missle pod.I thought that was a poor add on.Because every one spawn camps with it.I never get to play as a human.I also dont like the lockon with the missle pod.yet again this is a copy of halo.Not really different.:(

19. pUn15h3r

pUn15h3r Ancient

Looks good. I liked the original Halo, and this track looks just as good, if not better. My only suggestion is to add some low walls for the zombie, so they don't fall of while they're scoped in or something.

20. SweePShotS

SweePShotS Ancient

he can probably only jump so high