Rooftops

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by oTACTITIONo, Mar 6, 2008.

1. LIGHTSOUT225

Tactition! Sorry homie i have a pretty short memory span haha

needless to say i really like this map, otherwise i wouldnt have bothered to come back. first and foremost the skybridge is amazing. why i hadnt thought of that before beats me, but you have used it to perfection here. I also like how you have a closed skybridge on the opposite side to counter it and make it more balanced. The slight merging of the fence boxes into the ground for a smooth transition is awesome too, although im not sure when i would ever be back there. never the less, you went the extra mile and it shows, i didnt come across any toe-stubs or anything like that when running around so i give you props for that. i hope lintendo doesnt read this, but i think even though he is an amazing forger, Rooftops blows Intersection out of the water. My only reservation is the placement of the rocket launcher. With it being much closer to one team than the other upon match start, it seems a bit unbalanced. However i do love the ramp/tunnel you created wit the walls. I only wish the side of it touching the ground towards the middle of the map was merged a bit into the floor, so you didnt have to jump (thats only minor tho) other than the rockets, i think the weapon placement/balance is excellent. i also love how you centralized the grav lift, making it a point of interest/conflict. The use of sheild doors to protect the stationary warthogs was a great idea too, as i would just rain nades down on them otherwise. good thinking. i still havent gotten to play any CTF here yet, but hope to soon. can we get a game going this week? seriously looks like it would be one of the better CTF maps around. it seems more like it would work better as one flag rather than multi tho...how did multi work out? ah im sure ill find out soon enough! anyways, sorry this was so late brotha.. keep up the good work

2. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

looks great and i love the skyway and i can definetly see the intersection in there

3. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

Thanks for the review LIGHTSOUT! Here is a quick response to your thoughts and suggestions.
    I agree with what you said about the ramp being a little messed up. I checked to make sure the hog could drive over it, but i forgot to check if people could.
    :squirrel_wtf:
    I also agree with the rocket placement problem. There are only 2 rockets, but it still gets a lil annoying for the other side. But that spot was SO perfect for a power weapon!! So I just cut my losses and placed it their hoping nobody would yell at me.
    :squirrel_giggle:
    I spent a lot of time making sure everything was as smooth as I could get it, so it means a lot that you noticed. Thanks
    Thanks man. I tried my best. :)
    Again, thanks for the feedback!

4. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Me and this guy I met were playing some costom games and everybody left but me and him. He made me party leader because I wanted to show him "All the awesome maps that all the cool guys at Forgehub made." So the first one we played was one that me and him actually made earlier and then we went onto the remake of Turf.
    After me winning 25 to 17 we went onto the Crash remake which he loved and then this. "I'm in heaven!" He loved this map so much and frankly, I love this map too. It is the best sniper map I have ever played. I won 25 to 5 because I always had my hands on a Sniper Rifle.

So even to people who don't know who you are, they think you're a great Forger.

5. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This map is killer for 2v2s. Just thought I'd drop that in.

6. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

1 on 1 is awesome! Although, sometimes you got to do some running around because you'll see him on your radar but he'll be like 2 floors above you.

7. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i was thinking of using a skyway in one of my maps but you've done it so well i dont wanna embarrass myself

8. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

I think I'll go degrade mehself by making a Skyway map of my own, all I have to finish is "2way" which is my most recent map I'm going to upload.

Props to Foundry!

9. Picceta

Picceta Ancient

This map is schmecksy ^.^

Peace.

10. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

Picceta:
    I'm pretty sure that is a complement. Thanks? :p

Perfectdarkl33t
    Thanks. Spread the love! Wanna play CTF or somtin sometime?

Iv0rY Snak3:
    Don't worry about, feel free to take the skyway idea. Just try to make it a little differently.

Thanks for the support everyone. :)
    So far all of my friends have loved this map! WOOT!

11. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Umm, I think I can find some time in the middle of the week after school to play :)

12. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

looks great definetly worth a try

13. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

I recomend it to anyone to download.

14. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

Thanks for the support everyone! Thanks to you guys I just passed 1000 downloads!

15. blamedraptor

blamedraptor Ancient

tactition we so have to play 1 on 1 here because i love this map
    (=

16. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

As well you should have. This is a very well made map. We played One Flag on here yesterday and despite me being on the losing team, it was still fun.

17. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I played a game on this, I really liked it. It's varied, balanced, and even pretty. Good job.

18. darkcatofdoom

darkcatofdoom Ancient

Great looking map, thats all i have to say, downloading...

19. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

This is another great map. Buildings have been done before, but you made them feel fresh, which is good. I haven't played any team games on this yet, but I anticipate them being a blast. The rocket spawn is a nice addition, putting a very powerful weapon way out of the way in a tunnel; that was genius. I hope to play some ctf on this soon, and this is definitely a keeper.

20. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

Thanks Kapura, I was trying to make an urban map that was similar AND introduced new ideas to spice-up the gameplay. It's good to hear that someobody noticed.

I played with a bungie staff member today and he said that he loved my map even though I have never met him before. Whoever showed my map to a bungie staff member is my hero. :p