Rooftops

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by oTACTITIONo, Mar 6, 2008.

1. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

No problem Atheos, I appreciate that you are trying to help instead of just blaming me for copying Lintendos map.

I did get the general layout from him, but there really are a lot of different features in my map. SO yeah, I'll get some new pics soon.

2. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Looks fun but is there much inside the buildings?

3. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

That's OK. I have seen moderators come out with maps that look like simple revisions to older maps. Just because someone uses an idea to make a map shouldn't mean they have a patent on it so long as credit is given, imo.

Since we have engaged in intelligent debate over this map rather than name-calling, I'm going to DL. I'll be back with a (utterly useless and unimportant) review. I advise nobody put too much into it.

4. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

-I updated the picture section and added two pics of the inside of the bases. I tried to look for some more base pics, but they bases are really close quarters and it is hard to get good pictures. Hopefully the two I added will help, but you may just have to DL it and check them out yourself.
    :squirrel_wtf:

-I added a lot more pics of the differences that this map has compared to Intersection. I say again, the original layout was from Lintendos map and I was not intending to copy his map. Hopefully the new pics will show you more of the portions that are unique to Rooftops alone.

5. Critical Ghost

Critical Ghost Ancient

6. Dindar The Grey

Dindar The Grey Ancient

Great Map. Loved everything about it.
    Very popular with my friends also.
    Good job

7. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I love this map. It has all the elements of L64's Intersection, but with better game elements, equaling for a big win. It did help that there's a Gauss Warthog there; I can snipe better with those than snipers.

8. BANDiT

BANDiT Ancient

I DLed and forged around to examine it.
    Looks very good, should be a great FFA map.

9. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Based on my initial forgethrough, this looks like an excellent map. The weapons placement is very nicely laid out and the ways to move between structures is varied and well thought-out. I'm looking forward to playing CTF on here and I'll come back with an update when I do.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Looks like a good Foundry competitive map. If squid says it's well balanced, i'll give it a whirl.

11. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

interesante......download fer sher.

12. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

Looks great and it looks balanced. It reminds ne of intersection but thats a good thing.

13. Matty

Matty Ancient

I like that jump idea, looks pretty nifty. slots in well with the rest of the map. Although i dont think "hours of work" is something to brag about. Most top maps take 10-30 hours.

14. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

Thanks for the support everyone! You guys are makin Rooftops a huge success!
    Please feel free to include any suggestions on the post or the map.

Nemi-Chan:
    Haha, I thought the guass hog would be a good addition because the map is a little small for the machine gun turret to be effective.

Squidhands:
    If you're looking for someone to play CTF with you, I would be more than willing to play. I havn't really gotten a chance to play CTF with a large enough paty on this map yet.

Comrade172:
    Does anyone read the description?!?! :p
    The general layout for Rooftops was based off of Lintendo64's Interesection map. I sent Lintendo a PM and he approved of me posting this map because they are not that alike once you actually play it.

Matty:
    Thanks for the suggestion Matty, you are completely right. I updated the post.

15. LIGHTSOUT225

oh no dont think i have forgotten...review to come homie

16. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

It looks amazing, and I can imagine that the gameplay is great too. This is the kind of map that foundry is meant for.

17. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

LIGHTSOUT225:
    Haha, no problem Light. I'll only forgive you if it is the best review EVER...or else. :p

18. RubbrDuckE

RubbrDuckE Ancient

Great work, it reminds me of intersection, but alot nicer in my opinion. I say that because you have a garage, building tunnel, and some other cool things.

19. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

God, Halo needs Dedicated Servers because of maps like this!

20. Skride

Skride Ancient

Looks good buddy! i beta tested and its totally worth it! you guy'll love this map so much, i know i did!

(already dl)