RokHaven

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by thx 4 the kif, Oct 26, 2010.

1. thx 4 the kif

thx 4 the kif Forerunner

RokHaven is my third ForgeHub map submission and my very first run at a symmetrical map. Though the flow and function of the map is symmetrical, some aesthetics are not, making it easier to know which side of the map you are on.

There are 3 levels to this map, bottom, middle, and the roof.

The red and blue bases consist of the opposite ends of the bottom and middle levels.

There are several ways to access and escape from each base.

A teleporter at the bottom floor of each base leads to opposite ends of the death valley on the roof.

The roof/Death valley is only accessed via the teleporters in each respective base.

Enough talking, lets go for a tour:

[​IMG]
    Starting with the overview: The blue base is in the bottom left corner, red base is top right corner. The bunkers you see on the bottom right and top left corner are the bunkers on the roof at either end of "death valley".

[​IMG]
    Zooming in on blue base you can see the antenna's which mark of the Kill barrier. You will be warned to return to the battlefield but if you fly too high or to close to those antenna, they will kill you

[​IMG]
    Hey I have jet pack! Im gonna just fly up to the roof instead of using the teleporter! I hope those antenna dont kill.. DOH!

[​IMG]
    Cave entrance/exit to red base.

[​IMG]
    Cave entrance to blue base.

[​IMG]
    Back red ramp, exits base and either leads to bottom or top middle neutral area.

[​IMG]
    Back blue ramp, note the sniping perch peeking into blue. Back red ramp has this also though its not noticed in the photo above this one.
    [​IMG]
    A staged fight between the bunkers on the roof. Looking down "death valley" where the rocket spawns. It is named death valley because it is a tight rocky hallway filled with landmines and fusion coils. It connects both bases via teleports at the end of either side of the valley. Although it seems like a straight away between both bases, it actually takes just slightly longer than just walking from blue flag return to red flag return. Which makes it an option for the flag route, but perhaps not the easiest. The rocket spawning up here will make this an area worth visiting to fight and pass through, but not camp.

Not pictured is the bunker windows on the roof on either side of "death valley". Both give a nice covered view into each of the bases, but they do not provide access.

[​IMG]
    You can see the previously referenced two functional bunker windows in this screen shot at the top left corner above the health pack station. The red base has these windows as well.

Well there is a a lot more to it than that, but these screen shots take forever to capture and upload to my fileshare then download then reupload somewhere else so if you want to see you will just have to download it.

As usual my maps are compatible with Slayer, KOTH, and Multi flag, game types.
    If after playing you would like to make it compatible with more gametypes please feel free.

Thanks for checking it out.

THX 4 THE KIF

#1 thx 4 the kif, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010