Sandbox Rock Solid

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Ell3ment, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

No, we took the bruteshot out and replaced it with a sentinel beam

2. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

great map. is there an easy way to geomerge on sandbox

3. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

Ive helped test this map out and I thought it was amazing! From looks to gameplay,everything just fit perfectly.gameplay was smooth and clean.Aesthetics were out of this world good.5/5 Great map. Agents was fun =]

#23 urban destroyer, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. LIGHTSOUT225

Well, sirs, you have impressed me. And with a post alone! Very well-put together. Im looking forward to checking this out in-game. I'm really digging the diversity of the layout and the urban nature. I'll be back with more comments once I have a look-see and some games.

5. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

Fantastic close quaters/mid range BTB map, it reminds me a lot of Terminal for some reason despite not really being like it at all. The only thing that annoyed me was one particular gap that I thought the Ghost should be able to fit under but it just gets stuck.

6. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

I tested this map a couple of hours ago. The aesthetics are nice, but the gameplay just didn't deliver for most of us.

Some of the structures don't go really well together in my opinion. As someone said in our party: "At first it's fun, but a little later it becomes boring."

I really thought this map had the potential to be a good one. To sum it all up, it was rather disappointing but still good.

7. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

Haha that gap you're referring to is a really fun height actually. The mongoose can drive under it easily but the ghost gets stuck or explodes. So what happens when the ghost is chasing someone on the mongoose and the goose goes under that gap? Well i'll let you find that out for yourself...

8. MLG

MLG Ancient

the map look beautiful. I agree that too many BTB maps rely too heavily on vehicular combat, and the fact that this map was able to pull off good gameplay (or so I've heard) with the ghost being to most powerful vehicles (mongooses?) is astounding. I cannot wait to play it with you Gunner Grunt (or Element I suppose).

9. cory21

cory21 Ancient

Its a great map, and plays very well. The weapons work very well, especially with objective gametypes.

Also, why aren't I in the testing list? I tested it :(

10. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

How did i miss ya, cory! =O You've been added to the list, no worries. Thanks for testing with us and I'm glad you like the map!

11. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

Haha ahhh... I didn't even think to try it with a goose, that makes more sense now thankyou. I'm sure it will make for some interesting manouvers :)