Road Work Ahead!!

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by ducain23, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ducain23

ducain23 Guardian
    Staff Member Senior Member

This is a double wide racetrack that is being built while you race it!! Feel free to race this with either a mongoose or warthog!!

You will see lots of Helicopters (even a chinook helicoptor), Crane's, and a strange looking boat with a crane on it (after the huge jump)!!

Overview:
    [​IMG]

First Jump with a chinook helicoptor holding up the track and a crane to the left:
    [​IMG]

The HUGE jump:
    [​IMG]

Another jump with the crane holding up a section of the track:
    [​IMG]

Finish line (plus if you look to the right you can see a helicopter carrying a section of the track):
    [​IMG]

Youtube Video:
    Halo Reach Racetrack: Road Work Ahead!! [HD] - YouTube

2. CosmicJosh

CosmicJosh Forerunner

This is one sweet map you have here. I'm definitively noticing some improvements over the CliffSide Chicken map. I like what you've done here with this map and keep up the good work :)

3. LordDonny

LordDonny Forerunner

Nice! I love race maps with the winding road effect yours has at the start.

Looks great, cant wait to try it out

4. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

Honestly, I like the concept, the Helicopter is a bit weak, and I feel a little more detail could have been put in to things like the crane. This also looks like a map where cones would have been fitting, scattered around the map.

5. ducain23

ducain23 Guardian
    Staff Member Senior Member

I had literally no more pieces and very little money left...lol... I didn't have any walls, bridges, decorations, buildings, or building blocks... so I could have added any more detail... but I should have added cones... that was a good idea I didn't think about :D

6. PractiseCactus

PractiseCactus Forerunner

I really like the theme and it looks like a smooth racetrack and the crane looks really well designed, but I have to agree with SPL4TTERMAN; the helicopters aren't your map's strong point. Maybe you could have removed one and improved on the others slightly? I'm only commenting on what has been previously said and what I can see; I have no idea what they are actually made out of.
    And I totally agree, cones would have been great.

7. Oh N0 its AlDS

Oh N0 its AlDS Promethean

I LOVE this map ducain!

8. Naughty Badger

Naughty Badger Forerunner

I have always loved your race maps, and here is another one! :) Although I can't love it to much as it is contest competition. Anyways nice aesthetics and I like the concept of a track being built.

9. HI IM CAPS LOCK

HI IM CAPS LOCK Forerunner

I love this map! You did an awesome job with aesthetics (Like always) and the jumps all work well. Did you fix the spawns for the warthogs?

10. SilentSlayer

SilentSlayer Promethean

i played this last night, i cant even remember seeing all the helicopters and stuff...i was having way to much fun!

11. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

best aesthetics ever. this isn't even a boring race map yayyyy!!!

12. thenuke

thenuke Promethean

World of pro on that map

13. Minion

Minion Forerunner

This map looks great! but why is the back of the helicopters is so small? Is it due to budget? Because if not, I would suggest improving it a bit.