Sandbox RISK Boardgame 3.0

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Loby the Medic, May 13, 2009.

1. Death Panda x

Death Panda x Ancient

I forgot to mention, the spawns are in the sky, so spawn-assassins will fail. Spawn killing does not occur. At the most, one team may get the first shot in, which really doesn't effect all that much when there is constant shooting going on.

2. Tree

Tree Ancient

Hey! For some reason the gametype won't show up anymore on Bungie.net. Is this happening to anyone else? I really want to play this. I also rated the map 10/10 on bungie.

3. Triple96

Triple96 Ancient

good try but I'm not gonna dl sorry gameplay looks kinda bad and also, why wud u put sords if every1 will use shotguns? u no, fr bulltrue type things? sords will work .01% of the time if ur fighting a retard. and the map looks small. Good try tho like I said. no dl

4. Ian 130

Ian 130 Ancient

just because it doesnt sound good on paper doesnt mean its not good. and the map is huge.

5. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

No its cool everybody's titled to their own opinion. Its impossible to please everyone with anything. And who is Death Panda? Their post alludes to a remark that they made eariler but I don't see one. Oh well. Haha!

Any other thoughts on the flamethrower?

6. VIBlackDragonIV

VIBlackDragonIV Ancient

This is a pretty cool idea. I like your creativity and twist on the Risk game. The differences between continents is obvious and it looks aesthetically pleasing. Solid post

7. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

Thanks man! I got the idea from a RISK boardgame someone made on Age of Mythology haha! Good game.

8. RebelCow

RebelCow Ancient

The board game was a blast and this map seems to be a pretty close remake. gameplay looks fair with only close-range weapons. the special islands are nice but the invis may be unfair. i'll DL once i link my GT. 4.5/5
    P.S. I think the flamethrower might be too overpowered.

#48 RebelCow, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  9. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

Honestly, looks great dude. i love the idea for this, ive been waiting for something as awesome and innovative as this for a while.every continent is almost exact, (except austrailia) and the gametype looks great as well. Very VERY nice.

10. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

The gametype has once again been updated. I overlooked the concept that killing people decreases your respawn time, and there is no way to override that. So, I made the time go up to 15 second incriments, instead of 5, to allow the game to end.

11. PodmoreX

PodmoreX Ancient

I think a way to make the continents a bit less flat would be good, like try and merge in a small hill or 2. Anyway, its a good use of the territories game that seems to never be played.

12. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

I have considered that, but that seems so crazy tedious to do with boxes. Maybe I'm just not as good at forging as some people, but I just think I would mess it up. Plus, the boardgame is flat :) Haha (yeah that's an excuse)

13. goody450

goody450 Ancient

can we get some people together to play this? i really wanna play buut its hard to get 16 players

14. Matt666

Matt666 Ancient

Really good job on the gametype but I think the map could have been made a bit more interesting (mountain ranges would have been awesome. I personally don't mind the long respawn times, and I think it's for the best of the map. This is definately the best adaptation of the board game that I have seen, yet I'm not sure why everybody tries to recreate everything in halo.
    4/5 from me, plus a dl!

EDIT: Oh, and what's up with the island between South America and Africa? Either my geography class has failed me, or you're recreation of the globe is inaccurate.

#54 Matt666, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  15. Chronic Fate

Chronic Fate Ancient

For a Version 4.0 you could decrease the height of each country and increase it at certain land masses such as the rocky mountains (to add a little bit of cover) and decrease the height of a country even more for lets say: the grand canyon. Also I know you could make the map bigger. Its looking good and fun so far but these are just little suggestions.

16. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

Hey guys I appreciate the insight!

Matt: In the original post I explain that the island between Africa and South America is the only intentionally inaccurate part of the map that I created. It is because in the board game, the two are connected. This map is based on jumping, so that eliminated a bridge, leaving me with an island. Teleporters looked awkward, too, and are too easy to use. If you realy don't like it, you can delete it after you download :)

Chronic: I am not sure I can make the map bigger, I ran into my object limit, unfortunately. Adding high mountains and cravases would actually decrease the size of the map, because I have run into my object limit . . . unlessa whole box with no point is supposed to stand for a mountain ;)

17. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Personally I'm a fan of the board game (I may think it takes a little too long...), so I have to say you've done the best I can think of for making a turn based board game a realtime shooter. I'd have to agree with Benji4611 in saying that cover is sort of a problem with this, but that could only lead to improvement. Perhaps real globe indentions such as mountain ranges could provide a little more interesting terrain?

18. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient

But is cover really necessary with shotguns, swords, and and hammers? Seems like it would just cause a lot of camping . . .

19. avocado100

avocado100 Ancient

This looks like an excelante map. I can't wait to download it!

20. Loby the Medic

Loby the Medic Ancient