Rising Temple

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by OnwardToWaffles, Jan 11, 2011.

1. OnwardToWaffles

OnwardToWaffles Forerunner

This was my first real serious map that I've made. The structure took me two days to finish. It is completely symmetrical, very tall, and has 6 Levels. I put a lot of detail into it, and I had a lot of fun making this map. I've enjoyed playing on it with friends.

The idea of the map was to make it possible to escape easily, and to be able to make it to the bottom of the map, as well as the top, in a very quick pace. There's lots of little holes to fall through that will land you to safety, and all 8 teleporters lead up to the top level where the temple is.

There is a Rocket Launcher on the bottom floor, as well as a Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, Concussion Rifle, and Gravity Hammer. I know, that's a lot of power weapons on one level, but it works. It's so easy to escape from people, the power weapons become difficult to use, hindering their overpoweredness. But, I decided I would make a second version, replacing the Rocket Launcher for a Plasma Launcher, and the other four weapons with two Plasma Pistols, and two Needler Rifles. Here is the link to the second version:

Rising Temple Version 2.0
    Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Gametypes supported on both maps are: Slayer, Team Slayer (Red, Blue, Green, Orange), Crazy King, Oddball, Headhunter

Weapon List:

DMR x8
    Needler Rifle x2 (x4 for Version 2.0)
    Plasma Pistol x4 (x6 for Version 2.0)
    Pistol x2
    Spiker x4
    Needler x2
    Plasma Grenades x6
    Frag Grenades x6
    Plasma Repeater x2
    Plasma Rifle x2
    Concussion Rifle x1 (Only in Original Version)
    Grenade Launcher x1 (Only in Original Version)
    Gravity Hammer x1 (Only in Original Version)
    Shotgun x1 (Only in Original Version)
    Rocket Launcher (Only in Original Version)
    Plasma Launcher (Only in Version 2.0)
    Health Packs - Maximum

Here are some images of the map:

The Temple
    [​IMG]

Top Floor
    [​IMG]

5th Floor
    [​IMG]

5th Floor Blue Team Spawn Area
    [​IMG]

4th Floor Lift Up To The Temple
    [​IMG]

4th Floor Triple Rooms And Inclined Walkways To The Center Gravity Lift
    [​IMG]

3rd Floor
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor Jumping Area To The Suspened Center Of This Floor, Rocket Launcher/Plasma Launcher, And The Bottom Level
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor's Suspended Center Above Rocket Launcher/Plasma Launcher Spawn And The Bottom Level
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor Area
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor, One Of Four Gravity Lifts To Bring You Up To The 4th or 5th Floors
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level Rocket Launcher Spawn, Gravity Hammer (Left), Shotgun (Right)
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level Concussion Rifle Spawn (Left), Grenade Launcher (Right)
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level Floor Area
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level, One Of Four Teleporters On This Floor To Bring You To The 6th Level
    [​IMG]

Rising Temple Version 2.0 Images

Bottom Level Plasma Launcher Spawn
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level Plasma Pistol Spawn (Left), Needler Rifle (Right)
    [​IMG]

Bottom Level Second Spawn Areas For Plasma Pistol (Left), Needler Rifle (Right)
    [​IMG]

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the map. I have only had the chance to play test it with a couple of friends, so your feedback would be much appreciated for the original map, and Version 2.0. Thank you for downloading them, if you decide to do so, and have fun playing on Rising Temple.

--OnwardToWaffles--

#1 OnwardToWaffles, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011