Ride the Mech

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by BattyMan, Jun 10, 2008.

1. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this is a well cool map i think that it is very neat

2. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

the missile launcher looks insane man. nice, you can actually ride in the mech and controll it. wow. creativity + inovation = 6/5

3. bootyslayer4

bootyslayer4 Ancient

Looks-5/5
    Playability-2/5
    Creativity-5/5

When I played, people didnt know how to use the mech, and didnt get the point of it. All you really do is hide behind a shield door and capture a territory. Trickmysters omaha beach one is pretty much the same. Watch for explosions and incoming fire, and hide behind something to capture a territory, but this one wasnt as fun.

4/5

BattyMan likes this.
  4. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

GORGEOUS.

i love. i love lots. well done. making it a territory map was a friggin smart idea

5. Fiatluxmortem94

Fiatluxmortem94 Ancient

dude can you sriously walk this thing around? and the whole missle thing is awesome i've been trying to do that for ages

6. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

lol thats funny and cool can it walk and move around

lol jk good job

7. sickandstoked

sickandstoked Ancient

I love this a lot of creativity was put into this and love the working robot idea.

Great job.

DOWNLOADED

8. The Crusader

The Crusader Ancient

wow. i came on today to find something new, and boy gig i! you have changed the way i look at avalanche ships. the view of the hornet makes you feel like your actually piloting it. awesome job. cant wait to see new maps from you. surprise me.

9. BattyMan

BattyMan Ancient

To be honest I mostly made this map as a gimmick, gameplay really wasn't my main concern. In fact I was almost going to submit it as aesthetic, but it seemed like such a shame to have this mech with all these weapons and nothing to shoot them at.

So 2/5 is pretty fair for gameplay, and I'm glad you appreciated what I was really going for, creativity wrapped up in a nice package.

And the map I'm currently working on, instead of building it around a unique concept and then tossing in gameplay as an afterthought, I'm building the map around an unique concept that hopefully produces interesting gameplay.

Oh, and I couldn't find the map you were talking about, do you have a link?
    Thanks. But to be fair, that's kind of been a running theme in my stuff (stand over here while something kills you), I'm going to break away from this in my next map though. But thanks all the same for the complement.
    No, it can't walk. I'd need like 200 grav lifts before I could make something walk around.
    Yeah the Hornet was perfect; the way it hovers allows fluid motion inside the cockpit and the long shape of the wings is great for pushing around fusion coils.

10. Bretonfish09

Bretonfish09 Ancient

Looks awesome, and piloting the mech looks fun for sure. 1 thing tho. can't the attackers just kill the Hornet? it looks like that would be easy to do and seems like it would negate the whole mech and that would suck.

11. BattyMan

BattyMan Ancient

The gametype attached to the map makes vehicles invincible, and the weapons on the map don't allow the attackers to harm the mech's pilot. There are plasma pistols in the attacker's base though, so you can temporarily disable the mech.

12. CD95 v2

CD95 v2 Ancient

man that is cool you got my dl
    ps. love those cannons at the top

13. One_Shot_One_Kill

Awesome map! One thing though, how do the weapons work?

14. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

holy ****, im downloading this, 5/5 its almost like my switches in a way....lol

15. ReactantMercury

ReactantMercury Ancient

WOW,
    That missile launcher on it's shoulder looks pretty tight,
    Great Job!

4.5 out of 5

16. Al3x Pt4k

Al3x Pt4k Ancient

this map is really cool

17. WispyHobo54

WispyHobo54 Ancient

that is sooooooooooooooo sexy!!! 10/10

18. Zeta Arcadee

Zeta Arcadee Ancient

Wow, completely and absolutely amazing! This is a download! Ah, so awesome! 5/5!

19. RampaginFetus

RampaginFetus Ancient

3 claps for original gigantic robot(well mech really)!!

20. FlipStik

FlipStik Ancient

Wow, this is actually REALLY fun! Me and my friends had a great time playing this map, only problem is sometimes some of the territories were taken over with out much effort at all, and we couldn't do anything about it. Anyway though it was really fun, and the idea of destroying the mech a bit just to have a last stand to keep them from taking the territories was used quite a bit by the defenders. Awesome mech! 4/5!