Ride the Lightning

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by jbarron402, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jbarron402

jbarron402 Ancient

This is a map themed similar to RR Overpass from Halo 3. This map features a rocky cliff side path, a double jump, a few drift turns, and of course the railroad. The map has several aesthetics. The railroad tunnel connecting the two parts of the map was created for blockers to use in demo. The whole map itself was meant for demo racing, but is also fun to use in race. The lap time is shorter than the usual lap times on reach so you might want to increase the laps.

Rocky Cliff Side

[​IMG]

Drift turn leading to double jump and first railroad crossing

[​IMG]

1st jump and railroad crossing

[​IMG]

End of 2nd Jump and drift turn

[​IMG]

Back straightaway

[​IMG]

Downhill and 2nd Railroad Crossing

[​IMG]

2nd Railroad crossing

[​IMG]

Rock Tunnel and Finish

[​IMG]

Drop down after tunnel and finish

[​IMG]

It is hard to show the elevations changes of the map in the screenshots due to the barriers and bordering. The map dips down and up in a few places.

#1 jbarron402, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. Megadoug

Megadoug Forerunner

I'm guessing this is named after a Metallica album/song? XD. Same with Whiplash. LOL. Anyway, This looks pretty amazing. Gonna DL.

3. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

<------Metallica FTW

Looks like a pretty nice racetrack, very smooth and pretty. I'll DL and give it a shot.

4. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

My only complaint is that the racetrack felt too short. I love racetracks that take over a minute or two to get through but I can breeze through this in 40 seconds or so. The course itself is a bit plain, but it's decent. I hope you continue to make race maps and your designs improve.