Ribcage

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Tex, Sep 7, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Okay

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Average

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Good

11 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. Great

54 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. Tex

Tex Ancient

Ribcage v3
    by The Yellow

Gametypes Supported:
    FFA Slayer, Team Slayer, 1Flag, Multiflag, FFA Oddball
    Recommended Party Size: FFA 2-4 Players, Team Games 2-6 Players

The Yellow has done it again, with another map of epic win. This map integrates some amazing design/layout, with the ability for players to adapt, throughout the entire game, with its surroundings. Asymmetrical maps seem to be a highlight for the gentlemen, as this one just go to show you how that holds true.

After severe playtesting/re-working the map itself, The Yellow has perfected this map, give it a few games, and you too will know that this map is deserving of feature. I mean, you could take a look at the pics and go "zomg, look at that beautiful intorloking," but what good does that do? Know the win that this map holds with 1Flag/2v2/FFA/etc.

#1 Tex, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    Bottlecap likes this.
  2. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

See now I knew it would get featured. Nice map though, I played it and the gameplay is great and the aesthetics are wonderful. The geomerging is exceptional and the interlocking is great. It is a very well designed asymmetric map and I'm glad it got featured.

Bottlecap likes this.
  3. Sage

Sage Ancient

I called this feature from the day it was posted
    This map makes other forges recently look nubish only thing is that I've broken it in the other versions
    98/100 (I dont believe in perfect map)

Bottlecap likes this.
  4. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

After all the hard work you went through fixing this map up and sucking it up and changing things you didnt wanna, you made this map actually play pretty nicely. I was hoping it'd make it.

Congrats.

Bottlecap likes this.
  5. Resix

Resix Ancient

wow i knew it would get featured when i saw the first post it is an awesome map. i played on it for hours with my friends. 5/5

Bottlecap likes this.
  6. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

OMG I knew this would get featured. Just look at the post, I was one of the first to comment. Great map fo sho. WIN

7. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I downloaded v1 and it was OK. Just OK

I downloaded v3 yesterday and I got a game on it and I believe its a keeper :) The gameplay is better than Jedwali (which is an accomplishment) and I had a really good time on it.

Wasn't Flux supposed to be your last map? Good choics on making another one! Hope you keep forging!

8. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

Damn yellow. You already got this one featured. It's so much fun and like all of your maps, it looks beautiful. I was very careful with my shots while playing so that I didn't make the beautiful interlocking/geomerging look ugly:p. Great job on feature #2(+?)

9. JessicaJones

JessicaJones Ancient

I have seen this somewhere. This looks very asuome and original. I really like, 5/5 and I think I have download it somewhere ??? It looks very much like a whale cage.

Bottlecap likes this.
  10. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Man, can somebody teach me how to geo-merge, i can't seem to make the bjects to go in accurately. I can do it with walls but its not accurate, and the door trick is hard and confusing...

Bottlecap likes this.
  11. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

I thought this'd happen, initially looking at the pics of V1 I thought "he's done it again" but after getting my hands on it I noticed the flaws. Its much better now and deserving of the feature. Well done to The Yellow.

Bottlecap likes this.
  12. EGP

EGP Ancient

Hey congrats on the feature man, this map totally deserved it. This map could not have been more planed out. I knew from the first time I saw this map, it would get featured.
    Good Job

13. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

i remember seeing this before it got featured and definately thought it should be featured, unlike most of the maps ive seen, great job.

Bottlecap likes this.
  14. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Finally you got your second feature, I knew it was just a matter of time. I thought I would make the screenies for this post, how disappointing. Seriously, great map. Everyone should check out Yellow's file share for lots of quality work.

15. Kitsune Yosh

Kitsune Yosh Ancient

As soon as I saw this I knew it would get featured! I don't really see any flaws. It's very neat so no one can say "You need to interlock more!" 9.5/10

Bottlecap likes this.
  16. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

wtf did mai post get deleted well ill just post it again. i liked the asthetics but the map is way too open and the gameplay was a bit boreing for 3 v 3

Bottlecap likes this.
  17. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Saw the map and drooled... The design is epic! The first picture sold me and the angle of the covenant sniper is awesome! Very creative idea! 5/5 and I'm defiantly downloading this, it's so epic!

Bottlecap likes this.
  18. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

I knew that this map was going to be featured. I love how it reminds me of burial mounds. You have definitely perfected this version of the map. Congrats Yellow.

Bottlecap likes this.
  19. STEClash96

STEClash96 Ancient

I knew this from the first day I seen this map, I seen this map, It was gonna' get featured. It has amazing merging and interlocking so it's a 5/5 from me, I also downloaded V1 about a week or two ago, It was fun with 3 v 3. Keep up the good work, "The Yellow!"

20. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Nice map. All the hard work and all the versions and changes surely paid off. You are a hardworking forger, keep up the good work! Looks fun for 1v1 or 2v2.