Reverse Engineering Research Team

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by BetaWaffle, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

AZN and I are creating a group of smart folks to study and reverse engineer Halo 3's spawn system. We are looking for people who are affiliated with science, mathematics, or programming (either as a hobby or occupation)to assist us in this journey for knowledge to better understand the system that is the backbone of all good maps.

AZN FTW: As in we are looking to figure out the equations and rules of spawn placement... this research team will also look into other technical topics about Halo. As in damage calculation, object spawns, explosion direction, etc... This will give us more info on Halo 3 in general and when understood it would allow us to do certain things more efficiently...

Team List
    BetaWaffle
    AZN FTW
    s_tygard
    ReaprX5 (Grounded)
    II SK8BUM II (Secretary)
    Soggydoughnuts
    L0N3 S0LD13R
    Orangeremi
    General C Note
    scardypoopoo
    Klip LK
    SargeantSarcasm (Sarge)
    Klink258 (Secretary)
    Asper49
    Shock Theta
    Furious D 18
    DareDefyMe88
    mackmack5
    Reap3r 13
    HEATSEEKERBUNGE

Tests

2. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Re: Spawn System Reverse Engineering Project

We especially need a secretary... mainly cuz I'm lazy at taking down test results... I'm just good at speculating theories and stuff like that...

3. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

If we don't find someone, I'll take it on. *mutters* Please god, find us a secretary.

Edit: He want's to be called an Assistant.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I have knowledge with math and science, but at English I fail, no secretary for me .....

5. BladedQ 5 7

BladedQ 5 7 Ancient

??? Good luck with that kind of stuff, don't think I'll be able to help lol

6. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Are you in then tygard? If so... Beta start editing your first post with a roster of FH's research team...

7. Ty

Ty Guest

I'm always down for research and breaking stuff, I would like to finish the projects on my plate first though .... I slacked last night and played customs with Insane and Waffle ....

8. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

yea that was a mistake... plus all the pacing and jabbering from me and AZN.

9. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

English skills aren't required for secretary, if they were we would never find someone. You just need to be patient enough to take note of pretty much every thing we test and what the outcome is.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

I'm not good at taking notes. When I was in school, I rarely ever took notes that I could directly repeat. I always relied on the good old brain, but all the booze/narcotics in high school and College took it's toll ......

11. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

Same here, except about the drugs and stuff...

12. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Well we need to find someone that is good at taking notes... I doubt we will find someone in a gaming community (gamers are the most lazy people ever...)

13. Ty

Ty Guest

AZN I resent that, i'm a very athletic gamer ..... and as for your comment waffle .... "what? I straightened up my act at least ::)"

14. ReaprX5

ReaprX5 Ancient

what do you mean by reverse engineering? What information are you hoping to find?

15. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

Everything we can determine with tests. (ex. would you always spawn in a priority 1 spawn area if there is no one inside. does the spawn area even determine that base on if other people are inside or near it. etc)

16. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

As in we are looking to figure out the equations and rules of spawn placement... this research team will also look into other technical topics about Halo. As in damage calculation, object spawns, explosion direction, etc... This will give us more info on Halo 3 in general and when understood it would allow us to do certain things more efficiently...

17. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

I never said you were a druggie, just you had mentioned drugs and i was just comparing myself to the part about being bad at taking notes.

18. ReaprX5

ReaprX5 Ancient

I would help but unfortunately I am still grounded from xbox live.

19. II SK8BUM II

II SK8BUM II Ancient

guys im not gonna lie to you and tell you that im an english major but i take notes 4/5 classes a day so i will apply for secretary if you want. just msg me on live

20. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

But do you have a working mike... lastime I remember is that you didn't talk in my custom games...