Resonance

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Blaze959, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Blaze959

Blaze959 Forerunner

V.1
    Updated-6/20/2011​

This is my first post to Forge Hub, but not the first map I've ever made. Resonance is a very simple, small map made for no more than 8 players, and is currently compatible with all gametypes other than Invasion (meaning that I may change that later). It works best with gametypes without Jetpack. If you have any suggestions, post them so that I can improve the map.​

[​IMG]
    The main room with the entrance to the red hallway in view.​

[​IMG]
    The red hallway.​

[​IMG]
    The far back of the red hallway with the entrance to the red teleporter room in view.​

[​IMG]
    The main room with the entrance to the blue hallway in view.​

[​IMG]
    The blue hallway.​

[​IMG]
    The far back of the blue hallway with the entrance to the blue teleporter room in view.​

#1 Blaze959, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I love how some of the paths and rooms feel a little like something I'd find in Combat Evolved. I'm also a sucker for maps with death pits!

However, the 4x4 flooring and walls are really starting to get old with FH maps in general.

3. Blaze959

Blaze959 Forerunner

I noticed that. I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it, maybe using brace larges?

4. BarbaricEmu

BarbaricEmu Forerunner

Some of my favorite things to use as walls are Large Tunnels, Playform Y's, and you can even create a very sick looking wall using a bunch of bank 2X2 (thanks to the competition i have started using these a lot more) but thats gonna use a lot. Some other options are things such as stunt ramps or the bottom of the other platforms (IE large platform or w/e)

EDIT: oh yeah the back sides of Covers have a cool design aswell, just go create items that have a flat surface and see if you like them or not

#4 BarbaricEmu, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011