Request: Minecraft Banner

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheezeWiz, Jul 31, 2011.

1. CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz Forerunner

Hello! I would love you guys if you could create me a banner for a thread I created in the Minecraft forums!

Details:
    Text(white text or whatever you artists feel is fitting): THE WALL OF NAMES (doesn't have to be all caps and be written across the wall in the stock)

Stock:
    [​IMG]

Minor detail: Give it a blocky sort of feel please, in the theme of Minecraft( look it up if you don't know.)

Thanks in advance :D!

2. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I know it doesn't really fit the details you specified, but I made one for you. If you don't like it because it's basically nothing like what you requested, then feel free to not use it.

[​IMG]

As you can see, pretty much the only thing that is what you specified is the text. So, once again, if you don't like it let me know you don't want to use it.

FYI I was going for a style similar to the minecraft update banners like the Adventure update banner.

EDIT: Here's a version without the bg, kinda didnt like how it looked.

[​IMG]

#2 Aschur, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz Forerunner

Thanks! I love it! I guess I wasn't specific enough but this is still awesome! Thank you once again :D, I've tried my hands at gimp/photoshop but I'm not good at it if you've seen my few CnCs. :/, but thanks again!

EDIT: Do you mind showing me how you did the text and whether it was in GIMP or photoshop? Or perhaps lead me to a tutorial showing that? It's okay if your to busy. thanks

#3 CheezeWiz, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. Halo Orlando

Halo Orlando Ancient

I can tell you just from looking at it;
    Find a good, pixelated font.
    In the effects options on the text, add a thick, dark brown stroke.
    Add a light brown outer glow, large.
    Put a gradient overlay on it, dark orange, to nearly white orange, then back to a standard orange. Blending mode should probably be overlay or something similar.
    Use a texture overlay, I think that is one of the built in textures.

For the slanted text, go into the transform menu, then select distort, grab one of the middle notches on the horizontal and pull it a bit to the side.

If I am right, that should be how you do it, though I havent tried it myself.

5. CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz Forerunner

:0, thanks! You really seem to know your stuff :D

6. sicksuit

sicksuit Forerunner

(Deleted)

#6 sicksuit, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  7. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You pretty much got it orlando, some things like the order I did it are slightly wrong, but otherwise its pretty right.

I used the sandstone texture btw (photoshop)