Renovation 0.2

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by SpazCool, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SpazCool

SpazCool Forerunner

Just want to know the harsh truth about my maps. If they suck feel free to tell me but, please tell me why. I will warn the player that these maps were made with big teams in mind; a 1 v 1 will be a boring match on a couple of these.Given my ineptitude with forums I'll be making 4 different posts, one for each map.

Renovation 2.0:
    [​IMG]

I downloaded a really nice map from ZipZapZop123773 called "Wreckage." This map is a "modified" version of that map but, with all of the additions and deletions it bares little resemblance to the original rubble cluttered map. It's about half the size of Blood Gulch filled with half-completed sky-scrapers. One can play Slayer (BTB), CTF, Assault and Koth.

The crane is the tallest point in the map aside from the little bits of ledge I've allowed players to potentially snipe from. Two tanks, a Banshee and a whole mess of Warthogs and Mongooses--located in the parking garage--allow for easy(ish) movement around the map.

Ultimately, the map feels too big...or open. But, then again, I only tested it with three other guys; I think it'll be a lot better with more folks to shoot at/with.

Again, I just want to know if my efforts have been in vain. I'm tired of all of those symmetrical indoor maps everyone is making so, I gave it a go. Let me know if I failed.

Cheers.