Renegade

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, May 27, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

4.1%
  2. Okay

4.7%
  3. Average

3.5%
  4. Good

18.8%
  5. Great

68.8%
  1. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

The main thing that catches my eye in this map is the forge tricks. Really nice aesthetics here

2. faceplanter7774

faceplanter7774 Ancient

finally! a deacent featured map!

3. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

grats on the feature will dl it later this week since me xbox is bein funky grats again

4. ICanHazH34DSH0T

ICanHazH34DSH0T Ancient

Very inventive and different map. Definitely feature-worthy.

#64 ICanHazH34DSH0T, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  5. TDH

TDH Ancient

Again thanks for all the great feedback people!

I think somehow people have got the impression that there is a fully working open - close drawer on the map, as cool as that would be there isn't one on the map. The actual drawer on the map is a pair of boxes merged into the ground which gives the appearance of an open drawer in which the rocket launcher is kept.

6. catdaddykool

catdaddykool Ancient

great map

Good to see people really trying to make foundry look better and play better. I just dl'd your map and i am gonna tell my buds about this one and try it tonight online. Great work.
    I would just like to say that we all could use a more "asthetically pleasing" forge map like foundry only let us have the object selection of foundry, an open ceiling, some tubes or tunnels to work with, and an honest to god flat area to work in. Those damnable slants at the bottom of the walls in foundry drive me nuts. Everything is based on squares and right angles. My point being, you wouldn't have had to wrack your brain to interlock and merge if bungie had given us the right environment to work with from the start. I can merge with the best of them, but this is spectacular work. Way to use what you had. :D

7. maxaronii5

maxaronii5 Ancient

congrats on feature. i DLed when this map was first released.

8. ZgreenZ

ZgreenZ Ancient

looks fun

9. RougeHelljumper

RougeHelljumper Ancient

That bridge in the middle reminds me of Midship!
    I was going to make a excellent FFA map, but this is pretty interesting!

10. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

The video was awesome. it really shows you the layout of the map and it allows you to get a good mental picture of how the map will play. 5/5 for the vid 7/5 for the map.

11. drxthirst

drxthirst Ancient

I like the whole idea of the bridge and of the map in it's entirety, but I just don't think it turned out too well. It looks awesome, but it just lacks that "oooh, ahhhh". You know what I mean?

12. SpoonHunter420

SpoonHunter420 Ancient

this looks really good. definate DL. cant wait to try it!

13. Fillmore Roy

Fillmore Roy Ancient

Dude... This map looks great. I can tell that you've put a lot of time into making this. I'm definitely DL'ing this and looking around in Forge. Based solely on the pics, this should be used as a map on ForgeDay #8. I'll gladly look around, then add my thoughts to this post at a later time.

EDIT: This map is VERY well constructed. The interlocking and geo-locking is great. Some of the geo-locked items were at slight angles, but only the most observant players will notice them. And anyway, when an object is being geo-locked, it's glitching out like crazy, so it's next to impossible to achieve a perfectly level surface from a geo-locked item. The man-cannons and the bridge added a cool touch to the map as well.

Great job with the weapons too. The placement of the weapons and equipment was well thought out, and the hidden weapon holders kept things neat.

The map was great in the end. Team games would probably be cool on this map. MLG game variants would be intense too. Keep it up!

#73 Fillmore Roy, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  14. sgt n00b34

sgt n00b34 Ancient

I love tis map and am so glad that it was featured. I am DL again!

15. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Great work, its really refreshing to see a new map that looks and plays unlike all the other Foundry maps. I love the way you have perfectly balanced the gameplay by emphasizing the advantage of high over low position, guaranteeing interesting battles each time. The weapon placement makes sense, layout is perfect, and games never seem to get boring on this map. This is now by far my favourite FFA map, excellent job.

16. XxNAPALM FURYxX

XxNAPALM FURYxX Ancient

this map is awesome i love the use of interlocking into the ground ill totally dl and i will so give this a 5/5 nice job

17. S-Pac

S-Pac Ancient

Awesome map indeed.:D

18. FreakyPenguin5

FreakyPenguin5 Ancient

congrats on the feature look like a very good map well done

19. EvilTurtleTurd

EvilTurtleTurd Ancient

i hope its good

20. TwoLazyAsses

TwoLazyAsses Ancient

the map looks beautiful but i played it with 6 other people and it wasnt fun at all

one game AR's and the 2nd was MLG FFA and still everyone hated it along with myself

this map just goes to show you that good looking maps dont always play well since this doesnt