Remembering Halo 3

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by tylyr1, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Lol you people only joining the series in H3 or 2.

Try Halo 1. Back before Xbox live when you had to cart your xbox and tv over to a mates place to play with other people. I remember staying late at the Electronics store I worked at at the time so that me and a bunch of my coworkers could take over almost every tv in the place for a massive lan party.

Throwing empty beer cans at your mate that just killed you, stealing all the meatlovers pizza leaving the cheese and vegetarian ones for everyone else. THAT was the good old days.

2. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

Reach is great, but it doesn't recreate the magic of Halo 3 custom games IMO. I don't know why, but Halo 3 customs have always been more fun for me.

I think we should have a Halo 3 night here on ForgeHub. Every month or so, we could have a few different people host Halo 3 lobbies, kind of like TGIF, and play awesome Forge maps from back in the day.

3. pyro

pyro The Joker

There's no reason you can't host a Halo 3 TGIF lobby next Friday. You'll get credit towards loyal too.

4. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

I know, but I still wish we had a H3-only TGIF once in a while as a throwback to the good old days.

5. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

If I could make a wish, I'd wish it was 2008, at the climax of Halo 3 and no Black Cocks, Modern Warfail 3, 2 and Halo: Reach to worry about. Sigh, I'd love to relive Halo 3. What's so annoying is that even if Halo 4 would be incredibly amazing awesomely spectacular, those kids that ruin gaming would still prefer playing(by then) MW4. Yech. RIP Halo 3, I hope that Halo 4 will open people their eyes and I hope it'll be as close as Halo 3 as possible with Weapons, Graphics, Vehicles etc.