8-12 Players Remains

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by AnotherClaymore, Jul 9, 2013.

1. AnotherClaymore

AnotherClaymore Forerunner

Remains
    Symmetrical Shooting Gallery Style Map
    2v2 - 8v8 Players
    Slayer - CTF - KOTH Gametypes
    Download Here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any and all comments and Feedback are welcome.

Want to test your map? Come Play Every Tuesdays @ 7pm EST in TCOJ Lobby Thread in Customs Games Forums

#1 AnotherClaymore, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog Promethean

The map has a nice visual feel judging from the screen shots, but can not tell until it is played. Downloaded for next time I am on H4.

3. Zandril

Zandril Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Can players walk over the water? And I also suggest removing at least one of the crucifix-ish objects on the map. I honestly think you've put too many. Try removing the half-crosses closest to the bases and then see how that plays.

And from the screenshots, it looks like player in red and blue base have a huge LoS over the rest of the map. Of course, I haven't played the map yet so I can't really say for sure. I'll give it a DL so I can see how the map is in a game.

#3 Zandril, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  4. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Played here a while ago. Really don't like those low walls that seem to make up ech far end of the map. They're annoying for me to be around. Otherwise, I remember the design was decent and it played well. Unfortunately, I never found it terribly interesting. It's just a very simple design. linear sides, a central building and bridge, and those red/blue low wall parts I don't like. This doesnt make it a bad my by any means, I just am not very intrigued by it. Of course, this is just my personal opinion. As I said, I don't think the map is bad. I just wish it was more interesting.

5. AnotherClaymore

Yep, players can walk on water here. It's meant to be an ankle high river...

And again, you guys are both right. I added the 'crucifix' or 'low cover' in the 'courtyard' infront of each base last and it's supost to represent some 'ruins' of like block walls/ building that was falling apart but never really came together they way I wanted it to... I will revisit those areas and see if I can make something more interesting...

6. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

If you replace those low walls with some high walls to make some kind of area between the bases and middle building, the map would have better segregation. If I remember correctly you could see from one end to the other in places.

7. AnotherClaymore

I'll concider that, segmenting the map might help with the long LOS.

The original concept is kinda a shooting gallery style, which I tried to accomplish with low cover and long LOS. But it also makes the center area of the map to become very dangerous to traverse, so I'll see how else I might be able to accomplish this same goal. I've added some trees for LOS blockers but there are still open areas of the map espiecally if your up high.