Religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GruntHunter, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I'm Christian and I find religion to be supportive in many aspects. I know there have been misinterpretations and I find it very difficult, sometimes, to work through those. For me, religion is a constant issue and I feel like it's almost always part of my thought process. I like Christianity because I find it to be a very compassionate ideology. I've studied other religions and I'm at a edgy point where I'm unsure about the truth of the whole religion matter.

Anyways, glad this thread was brought up, I'm interested in hearing what other people have to say.

2. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Karma is the only religion I REALLY believe in. I was raised to be a Christian, but It just seems sketchy. Agnostic is what i would define myself as. (I think its Agnostic?)

3. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

If you think there is the possibility for there to be a god but that there is no way to know for sure then yes.

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

I'll let this slip right on past me right now...

But at the first sight of any flaming, hating, etc. Thread locked and harsh infractions given. I'm being nice here, don't **** it up for everyone else.

As for me, I'm a born and baptized Christian, however am more Atheist. Science disproves religion every time.

5. PacMonster1

^ This is why these threads don't last long by the way. I've done a search for "religion" on the forum and every thread about this subject has been locked. But, who knows, maybe the internet has matured.

6. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

I believe in the force.

[​IMG]

7. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

If deluding yourself with a book filled with proven lies, headless to its consequences to society is your thing, don't forget there's plenty of books to choose from.

8. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

This.
    The only non-christian in the entire family too. I don't really care though. Religion holds absolutely no significance in my life, whatsoever. I think it's strange that people need something like Religion to make them feel better, when they can do it themselves.

Each to their own.

9. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

Aaaaand this.

I'm suprised this thread has lasted this long([sub]Bloo is a cool guy[/sub]) So let's keep everything in here civilized.

When somebody asks me why I don't believe in God, I don't usually say science disproves everything. But what I do say is it seems more reasonable to believe many distinct facts, that also sound more reasonable than a Divine, All-knowing, God. I can't say faiths like Christianity, and Judaism and so on, are wasting their time believing in something that doesn't exist. I know that everybody has freedom of religion and speech, so I have to respect that. But just because I respect anybody's choice of religion, does not mean I don't have my own opinions.

10. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

No I did not.

Edit: I mean I am being rasied up in a Christian home, sure the temptations are hard to look the other way but I still do it. When people ask my why do I believe in God, all I say is, "So there is always something to believe in.." I know my God is real just as many other religions know their God is real, but once people start talking about religion is goes downhill due to trolling, and for all the people that even think about trolling or flaming, your comment will be deleted. This is ment to be a serious disscusion.

#30 GruntHunter, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Faith, morals, values... these are all very good things for a person to have in their life.
    Whether or not a person needs religion for those things is up to that person.

12. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

It's always good to have faith in something!

13. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

I'm a Christian, I have Atheistic friends and we generally get along just fine. There seems to be no bigotry, or vanity on either side. Only on the Internet does this seem to happen, but I live in Florida, nothing buy youthful hipsters here who believe in total assimilation and equality of all aspects of life.

Regardless, my religion makes sense to me, I feel like I can connect various things to God. Of course these are my opinions. But yea...

14. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

I feel the same. I have a lot of friends that are Christian but do not really act like it sometimes. /:

15. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Religion simply doesn't play a part in my life. I've never found a reason to be believe in anything, or a reason not to believe in anything. It's just not a part of my life and I live fine without it.

16. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Yeah, Christians are just better people. Your friends shouldn't act like that godless hedonistic rabble, all bloodthirsty and impure.

17. PacMonster1

This with the added opinion of I find all organized religions ridiculous. With the only real benefit being a meeting place for like minded individuals to discuss things and not be persecuted for it.

18. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Honastly, I think it's all about the kinda person you are. Sometimes no religion would support you rather well, but for me, I like being a Christian. It makes me happy :)

19. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I'm reading the debate over whether religion is adaptive, or the byproduct of other evolved psychological mechanisms.

#40 Indie Anthias, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012