Religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GruntHunter, Jan 20, 2012.

1. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

In the world we live in today, it is filled with many religions, but all that matters is that you are following the religion you want to follow no matter what people say, I am a Christian and I like it, so if you follow some other religion or no religion at all, know that, this is your choice, and only you can alter it. As for those people that don't know whats going on, send me a message or something and I will be glad to talk to you about religion and stuff like that.

Basicly we are here to talk about our Religion, why we chose it or why we don't have a religion.

I'm going to start out with a great quote that I love.....

"Proving God is like defending a Lion, it doesn't need your help, all you need to do is unlock the cage."

2. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

So wait, whats this for? What are we trying to Discuss? I don't understand.

Good for you, you have a religion.

3. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

This thread is murp.
    Posting religious stuff over the internet is like asking for war. Believe me ive tried it.
    Though I am somewhat cristian, i dont believe people should make threads over it. Well not on this site anyways.
    This site is about forging and mostly halo

4. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I would love to speak to you all about religion.

inb4lock

5. Sgt Surchin

Personally, I don't see a point in following a religion other than self assurance and "peace of mind." The whole idea of a higher power makes pretty much no sense to me either... like I understand the arguments made for it but I just couldn't see it being remotely feasible.

6. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

I think the last 3 or so "god" threads have been locked so...all the power to you, good night and good luck.

7. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

This is just a place to talk about Religion, get to know fellow 4chubbers for their religion if they have one. I really don't see a problem with this, I have posted many religion threads and blogs that didn't get locked or removed.

8. Security

Security Ancient

Jesus told me to post.

9. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

It felt good didn't it?

10. Security

Security Ancient

not really

11. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

IDK if i believe in a god or anything (id like to know there is one though) but theres no sign in my life that tells me so.
    But yes And afterlife would be nice

DONT LOCK THIS THREAD.

12. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Point is no matter how well intentioned you think it is, religion is a hot topic. Its like politics, you generally don't ask about someone's political views not without expecting some heavy debate and flaming in return.

I mean...what exactly are you expecting. One person to say, "I'm catholic" another person to say "I'm Jewish" then all hold hands and sing songs as we welcome the end of days?

But hey, if this topic doesn't degenerate into that then like I said, good luck.

#12 PacMonster1, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  13. Security

Security Ancient

I believe if we wanted threads like this we would still have a debate forum.

14. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

I mean this hasn't started yet, trust me, a lot of people will be in here, basicly discussing religion.

15. lglize420

lglize420 Promethean

I believe in satan (all hail). he is a kind loving god. it might be a religion that's looked down apon, but it's not as bad as people say. I mean whats so difforent from going to church on sunday, or just spilling the blood of a goat on sunday instead. Satan died for our virgins and was crusified on a giant spaceship. it's a good and humble religion. also I'm half jewish.

btw, did u make this thread bc of my map?? jw..

#15 lglize420, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  16. Zaharias

Zaharias Forerunner

Unsure if trolling... Or just making hilarious joke.
    Anyways, I'm an atheist.
    *Prepares to be flamed mercilessly*

17. Sgt Surchin

If you hadn't noticed, I had a less blunt way of saying this. I don't think a religious thread is necessary if there are probably about 5 others floating around somewhere.

18. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

8 people are viewing this thread as I write this.

Religion is too broad a subject to discuss.

19. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well, no need for a debate forum, he isnt debating anyones religion. I dont see anything wrong with a religion discussion. Though, there will always be someone to show up and start bashing you anyways so I dont doubt it will get heated. Its rather sad actually. People see the religion title and already, there are more people viewing this thread than any other.

On topic though, I am a Christian as well. At lglize420, I dont know if you are joking or if you are serious, but if you are just trolling, thats the exact reason threads like this start going downhill. I believe in Satan too, and its not something to worship. But at Grunthunter, good to see someone thats open about it.

Edit: at zaharias, I wouldnt flame you for that, but I think the atheists outway the Christians on this site. I have had some low blows thrown at me quite a few times in the past.

#19 Zombievillan, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  20. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

Religion is philosophy on steroids
    Inb4lock