Sandbox Relent

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by BORG k79, Sep 1, 2010.

1. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

RELENT

2 - 8 Player Competitve Map
    Forged by BORG k79

[​IMG]

Relent is an Arena-style symmetrical map that lends itself well to Competitive Team & FFA Slayer gametypes, however I have set the map up to support all other modes.

Originally I had thought of making this map MLG only, but the friends that I play with prefer a bit more weapon variety. The lines of sight on this map are set up really well, if I say so myself, which split the map up allowing for several battles to take place at once. There are alot of levels on this map that allow you to make quick escapes if you are getting shot at, also well timed jumps will give you an advantage if you know you can make it. The two Shield Doors that are below either end of the Bridge do not quite reach the ground(purposely), so a well placed grenade can be thrown underneath to kill your opponent who may think he is safe by walking through the Shield Door. This also helps to avoid standoffs.

I took inspiration for this map from Midship and one of my first attempted maps on Foundry.

With so few days left, until Reach comes out, I wanted to share with the community the last couple remaining Halo 3 maps I have been tweaking and tuning for a very long time.

I will most certainly be recreating this map again in Forge World.

Weapons List

x1 - Sniper
    x4 - Battle Rifle
    x4 - Carbine
    x1 - Shotgun
    x2 - Needler
    x2 - SMG
    x2 - Plasma Rifle
    x2 - Mauler
    x4 - Spiker

Equipment

x2 - Power Drain
    x2 - Regenerator
    x1 - Overshield
    x4 - Frag Grenade
    x8 - Plasma Grenade

More Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RELENT <--Download Link

Enjoy!!

Leave Feedback!

-BORG

#1 BORG k79, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. MVM

MVM Forerunner

Wow this looks awesome! You say it hosts all gametypes, so by that, does that mean infection? I know it's not meant for it but it looks like it would be fun.

#2 MVM, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  3. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

Now you've got me thinking.... I am not too sure if I set this up for Infection. I will check tonight and update the post accordingly.

It plays best for FFA Slayer and Team Slayer.

4. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

This is a really fun map! I found a few little bumps, nothing major(still a great map). The center bridge 2nd to last picture is not aligned by like a few inches(you don't have to change, your map). Good job overall!

5. XJoe91

XJoe91 Forerunner

This map is plain awesome. I've never played on Midship (horrors!) but i was vaguely reminded of pit stop, with the 2 needlers and shotgun instead of rocket launcher. Only bad thing i could come up with was that the overshield was a bit too high so it makes me think i have to jump to get it. Otherwise, great weapon placement(such as sniper and shotgun/needlers) and map layout. 5/5!