Regeneration Slayer (Official Release Thread)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Stevo, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Regeneration Gametypes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Created by Steve 11thSelby
    Graphics created by B3NW and Crypto nv

Introduction Video...

This weeks Customs Thread. Sign up here!

New Gametypes released. (WOOP!)

Introduction

The 'Regeneration Series' are a string of gametypes that all players can enjoy. From the people who prefer SWAT to the skilled Snipers.. from the n00bs with Needlers to the Pro's with BRs, these gametypes are bound to keep you all entertained.

Each of the King and Ball variants have similar scoring. 1 point per kill, 2 points per second holding the objective. The main objective is to out-slay your enemy so you can control the bonus objective to gain more points quickly. If you dont protect the objective, you'll find yourself behind very quickly. The Slayer gametypes reward you for Team Work in Team RS. This means you get 2 points a kill 1 point for an assist. In Regen Slayer (FFA) you gain 4 points for killing the leader and 2 points per kill. The leader, also has a leech on his shields when NOT in battle, so it's best to stay constantly in the heat of things if your at the top of the scoreboard. Regen Flag works the same as the King and Ball variants. hold the objective, you lose your shields.

All players start the round by dying (Doh!) so the Respawn Traits can kick in and give everyone no shields with the ability to still earn upto 4x Overshields (Yay!). Players can earn normal shields and 3 seconds invulnerability by collecting Custom Power Ups. The alternative (and more entertaining way) is by shooting enemies who already have shields and leeching all damage done to them (this can make some pretty sweet boxing matches!!!)

For the Flag gametypes, it creates a very fast paced, almost SWAT like game of 2 flag. The best way to win is to hold off the enemy and allow your team to gain shields and then counter-cap the flag by overwhelming the enemy with your new found strength.

Weapon List
    (P = Known Power Weapon)

Sniper Rifle -P
    Carbine Rifle - P
    Needler - P
    Gravity Hammer - P
    Flamethrower
    SMG
    Rocket Launcher - P
    Spikers
    Shotgun - P (Not recommended)

Equipment List
    (Equipment is currently being tested, it may be visible in some pictures but Regenerators will NOT be included in final map versions)

Bubble Shield (High Respawn Only)
    Plasma Grenades
    Frag Grenades
    Power Drain (High Respawn Only)

Gametype Download Links

[​IMG]
    Team Regeneration King - Version: 4
    "Team Regeneration King: Earn your shields the hard way to gain time in the 'Bonus Zone'. v4 S11S"

[​IMG]
    FFA Renegeration King - Version: 4

"Regeneration King: Earn your shields the hard way to gain time in the 'Bonus Zone'. v4 S11S"

[​IMG]
    Regeneration Flag - Version: 2
    "Regeneration Flag: Earn your shields and carry the flag home! v2"

[​IMG]
    FFA Regeneration Ball - Version: 1.1
    "Regeneration Ball: Earn your shields and hold the ball for as long as you can! v1.1

[​IMG]
    Team Regeneration Ball - Version: 1.1
    "Team Regeneration Ball: Earn your shields and work as a team to control the ball. v1.1"

[​IMG]
    COMING SOON! REGEN Zones

Special Thanks

Crypto nv - For helping with the gametypes and giving great support
    B3NW - For designing the minto graphics for the thread and always being willing to test
    Anthrax - For helping with the gametypes and Testing

Current Map List

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Coming Soon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you are interested in making a map for either Regeneration Slayer or Team Regeneration Slayer just let me know and I can help you set one up.

#1 Stevo, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Nice steve, really nice. Could you add in my map? It works really well with 3-5 players FFA.
    Just glad I could be part of this awesome idea!

At 2:01 in the video - You killed Crypocalypse
    lol

Also at 2:30 - Crypocalypse quit
    wtf?

#2 Spicy Forges, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. Stevo

Sure man, have you finished it though?
    It could probably do with a little bit of expansion so the spawn system works a little better but other than that its got a nice look to it and great gameplay (- the spawning behind people lol)

EDIT: Also, what did you name the map? Wasnt it just RS?
    ---
    lol yeah, that was when you got kicked from my dodgy connection.. you joined back in after but its not in the minitage :)

4. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

The name of the map I made is called 4G. Its in my filehsare.

#4 Spicy Forges, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  5. Stevo

Added to the list dude :)

6. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I can see how this gametype can be fun, though I kinda think that in the king gametype, you should only get points by being in the hill. I was watching the POV in the video, and there wasn't really any emphasis on being in the hill. He was only going around killing people and Urban was the only one that I saw really trying to control the hill.

Anyways, seems like a cool overall gametype, not so sure about the map however since there's such a height advantage and everyone is constantly losing shields. You have a bad spawn at 1:16 in the video, btw.

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

When Im done with bioshock 2 im going to make another FFA map. Not releasing anything as to whats its going to be though yet.

Also are you going to post this in the Maps section when you have enough maps. You get say 4 maps (2 made by each of us?) and post them as a map pack and then just keep bringing out new map packs if there is enough popularity.

Edit: Just designed something SWEET in sketchup. All Im going to tell you is thats its going to be a foundry map. Trust me, its going to be awesome!

#7 Spicy Forges, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  8. Stevo

As the title of the gametype suggests its supposed to be more Slayer based. This is the reason why the hill is so small. If the hill was larger people would head to it more often. At the end of the game, I was MVP with 149 points and had the most hill time, its just not in the video. The whole idea is kill the enemy team, then have someone control the bonus zone. If you leave the enemy team alive your a sitting duck in the most open part of the map.

Also the height advantage is so everywhere on the map (besides being inside a base) you should be able to see the hill and who controls it. Again, the main aim is to be at a severe disadvantage inside the hill, because your scoring an equivalent of 5 kills a sec. Thats potentially a killionaire in 2 secs!!

Finally, the "bad spawn" isnt necessarily a bad spawn, just good placement of the player. There are more spawn points and respawn areas on this map than default Sandbox. If players on a team are in good positions a spawn trap can be made...

Sweet man. Rise will be released shortly i think with B3NW as we were making a map pack and i havent had much luck with maps recently. So that could be the final 1 so i can get a few released. Unless he prefers Warlord
    ---
    NEW POST: Just an update really... Tweaked settings for the gamtype. V3 now available for download and testing.

TRS Rise is now released under version 3 also.

9. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Nice thread steve :)

I wasn't quite sure what this gametype was but now I understand you have made your own objective game, which many gametypes people make don't do. It's a nice idea, just depends if it works out or not, which I hope does work out. Depends if you get enough publicity.

10. Stevo

Thanks ben, well thats what i need really.. some publicity. I'm really sure how i can get it advertised everywhere.. This is really the only halo site im on (now gamerchiefs has been cut) so i'm pretty limited. Where would you suggest it gets advertised?

11. MontageMedia

MontageMedia Forerunner

Is there any way to make all the maps to play with regen slayer? If so, may I use this gametype to forge some maps to be played with this gametype? BTW I love this gametype.

12. Stevo

Thanks dude,

And do you mean the standard maps bungie made? if so, Crypto is currently looking into making a Guardian variant...

You can use other maps besides Sandbox and Foundry, you just have to find a way to get Custom power ups and the Bonus Zone placed effectively.

But if you're looking into forging maps, i'll gladly help you out if you need it.

13. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Looking into a Guardian variant? Nah, I have setup Guardian already its just that for this original gametype original maps would be better. I can put the guardian variant in my fileshare if you want?

Ive also worked out ways of making everyone die on start on almost every map.

14. The Moran

The Moran Ancient

i'm confused. (i have been watching the thread, but i havent seen this asked) why do you need to die before you play?

15. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Explanation: For the gametype to function properly the respawn traits need to activate. When you begin a game this does not classify as respawning, therefore the respawn traits wont activate and the gametype wont function properly. By killing everyone at the start it enables the respawn traits to activate, therefore allowing a functioning and happy game.

16. Stevo

Yeah, theres always gonna be a flaw in this gametype if people joing mid-session. They'll spawn with 4x Overshields on a respawn point, but that cant be avioded. I've also made 7 Defenders starting points, 7 Attackers Starting points and 6 Neutral Starting points inside a kill ball each. I may change this around though tbh...

Good response ;)

17. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I have started working on the new FFA Regen Slayer map (Gyroscope in sig) and I am really liking it. Im liking it so much that Im actually going to set it up for normal gametypes like Team Slayer and post it as my own map. You can still include it in the map pack though.
    When its around 50% complete Ill let you have a look steve.

18. AnthraXe187

AnthraXe187 Guest

When I was here testing this I didn't quite understand what to do or why I had no shields, but now this sounds like a good game I am going to be playing for a long time to come. I hope you make enough maps for this to possibly make a Regeneration Slayer Map Pack to have loads of fun in. Well I found out it is in a map pack. And I was wondering, I am making a competitive-like map and I wasnt sure what to put it on. But if you let me I think it will be a great addition to your map pack. (After I am done with my racetrack)

#18 AnthraXe187, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  19. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Yeah sure go ahead and make the map. I think Steve is open to anyone making a map for the gametype.
    Just remember though that make it compatible all starting points on the KoTH variant need to be outside the map boundaries (so that everyone dies on start). Sandbox is the only map to get this easily working on (killball).
    It also requires 2 or more custom powerups located at central points on the map.

#19 Spicy Forges, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  20. MontageMedia

MontageMedia Forerunner

Can you add me and invite me to play regen slayer sometime, so i understand a little more. Just so I know how it plays and I get an idea on how to make a map for this gametype.