Reflux

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Ragnarok04, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Ragnarok04

Ragnarok04 Ancient

RAGNAROK'S 4th MAP:
    INTRODUCING:
    REFLUX

Hello again! Yes I know I just posted my last map last night! (what am I Crazy!?). Thats just how much I love forge (and how much of a life I DON'T have) :(

Anyways This is quite possibvle the Ultimate Objective map: High towewrs, elaborate bases, and a center map piece that is mind blowing. Don't Beleive me? Heres the pics!

OVERVIEW:
    [​IMG]

A-SIDE BASE:
    [​IMG]

SNIPERS TOWER:
    [​IMG]

B-SIDE BASE:
    [​IMG]

WEAPONS DATA:

Battle Rifle x4
    Carbine x4
    Sniper x1
    Rockets x1
    Plasma Pistol x1
    Custom Power-Up x1
    Frag/Plasma x10

Recomended Gametypes:
    (This map supoorts all gametypes)
    4v4 CTF
    4v4 Oddball
    4v4 Assault
    4v4 KOTH

I intened this map to be MLG-ish. So I hope you all like it as much as my previous maps, please feel free to comment and let me know what you think!

Please send any bug reports to:
    xxragnarok04xx@hotmail.com

AND HERES THE DOWNLOAD:
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

2. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Anyways This is quite possibvle the Ultimate Objective map.

Did you type this in a rush? Anyways, it looks good, but not, possibvle the Ultimate Objective map. 4/5. Nice interlocking, but it still looks sloppy. If it is an objective map, what does it play with?

3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Haha, when i first saw this map name i though someone was trying to steal matty's map, then i looked and its safe :)
    I like your map, the only thing i would cahnge is the bridges in the middle, flip them over or something, they make the interlocking look baddish

4. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

First I thought someone was trying to steal matty's map, but then I saw it was different. I think this map is cool! Though it looks very blocky. It would be nicer if you merged some stuff. But it's still pretty cool. Would be nice with an mlg version too. 4/5

5. Forge|Designer|C13

Verry well forged 5/5!

6. stone0043

stone0043 Ancient

i really like the geometry, especially the interlocked bridges. 4/5

7. Ace Of Light

Ace Of Light Ancient

Good map. I have sorta mixed feeling about the fact that you put a custom powerup on it, but it's pretty good. I don't think it's the "ultimate objective map", though- try to be more humble.

8. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Ancient

I like the geometry, but the center map piece isn't "mind blowing" for me. Sorry. 3.7/5

9. V

V Ancient

Woah buddy let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Is this a good objective map? Probably yes. Is it the ultimate objective map? Probably not. Elaborate bases? Not really but they are very well constructed. Mind blowing center piece? Not really it's just some walls put together to make a little bridge and cover. Now that we're down to earth.....
    Despite what I just said this is indeed a very good map. It looks quite balanced. There's a lot of different elevations in this map providing for some interesting firefights. Weapons look pretty balanced here as well. I have no idea what the CPU is for unless this is also an MLG map like you stated it was originally going to be. It looks open in some places but its not too bad and theres nothing you really to do about that. You did a good job keeping balance in this map and you have a lot of good stuff here doing good things for you but there's nothing realy epic that amkes me say 'wow this should be featured'. Overall, I'd give this a 8.8/10 4 stars.
    And like most people, I, too, thought this was a knock-off of Matty's Reflex.

10. nicjgoat

nicjgoat Ancient

looks good. i admit, its clean, but maybe it needs somethin else? definitely flip the bridges and possibly beef up (aestheticly) the center hub. maybe interlock some fences in there, make the center more hallwayish? or not, just sayin.

looks neat though.
    3.9/5

11. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

For once in my life, i actually like the bases that are present in a foundry map. i usually find them lacking in style or "Base-likeness". So now that the kudos are out of the way, i must tell you the rest of the map seems very boring to me. Its the same recycled crap MLG keeps turning out. BASE-BASE-SNIPER-SNIPER-CENTERPIECE. Almost all the time, the sniper pieces and the center pieces look just like that. You really could've done something amazing here, but its just taken in a mediocre direction.

Regardless of that, the map looks very well built, and i look forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to forgehub by the way, and try not to view this as hostile yelling. Im just sick of formulas.

PS. Custom Powerups arent very awesome for competitive.