Foundry Reflex

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Matty, May 8, 2008.

?

How do you rate this map?

1. Not so good

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Average

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Very good

35 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Outstanding

151 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. QKT

QKT Ancient

saw the screenshot.
    then thought: SOLD!

2. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

I envy your ability to forge maps Matty.
    5/5 + download.

3. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

Omgwtfbbqhax Matty must be a haxor with 1,080 dummy accounts... Thats the only way to explain the popularity of this thread, your a beast Matty... No but seriously this map is awesome, I love all of the different designs Matty can come up with, really impressive... Anyway I finally got the video done for the map so I will just post it in my comment and you should be able to put it on the thread from here... Congrats on the success of the map!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwbuprHSaA&fmt=18

#103 Running Chron, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  4. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

well duhh...

and i am compiling a list of possible improvements, partially as a test to see if i can find an actual fault in it, and partly to see how my response is accepted.
    and did you fix the grav hammer problem?

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

Currently working on an update. My halo disc is broken at the moment but im gettin a new one soon. If you have any ideas to improve, send me a PM and ill look into it.

6. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

Matty, I'm going to have to report you for spamming the Featured Maps forum lol. This is definitely the best map I have ever seen on Forgehub.

7. Matty

Matty Ancient

Updated with a new version.

Escape proof'ed known escape areas, swapped Deployable cover for Regenerator, Lowered run-time maximums, added arrows back to under the tunnel, added some small scenery.

8. DEAR2KILL

DEAR2KILL Ancient

download this map so many times thats how good it is

9. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

based on first impression I would say u deserve recon ^^

10. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

After playing the map I can honestly say that this is one of the most fun foundary creations. This is very creative matty good work. :)

11. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

A ha! I found a way out of the map! All you have to do is go on top of the merged open dbl box (near the stacked stairs that act as a wall) and use the combination of a grenade jump and a grav hammer to get out over the stairs. Not really that useful besides being able to drop in on the center area, and pretty difficult to do in-game.

12. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Wow matty your best map yet by far. At the rate this thread is going, this map will be famous in another week. So many brilliant designs cramped into one map, you have something of a gift for making forge maps. You won't have to wait long for your next feature with this amazing map. Keep it up. 5/5.

#112 super trooper88, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  13. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Incredibly beautiful, Matty. You really take me by surprise with your skill. I like the continuation of the trend of writing with teleporter light, and there's lots of new things here as well. I particularly like the tunnel feature. Great stuff, good job.

14. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

The layout and aesthetics of this map is really good but really the main problem is spawns.Not spawns in team games but in free for all games like juggernaut.While i was in a game i found that we all spawned right next to each other.Umm what else.Those cramped places r really bad for a battle to take place in i think u should add cover there.As in there i mean attack spawn.Bad place for ghost to attck little freelancers.let me think.And thats all ill get back to u if anything happens to ur map.I wanna see a lot more great maps from u

15. Matty

Matty Ancient

Sorry but i dont understand that. I get that you think that the ghost is too powerful, but its really not. The ghost is capable of getting anywhere if needs be, but this requires careful driving and doesnt allow the person to shoot at the same time. The ghost is very weak, and very vulnerable to highjacking.

16. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

I would agree, I don't think the ghost is very powerful at all on this map... There are too many tight corners, not to mention the hammer. I never played a single game where the ghost was dominate, it was usually more trouble than it was worth!

17. Matty

Matty Ancient

Thanks Running Chron. Yea i really dont think that the Ghost is overpowering, in all the games i have played, nobody ever gets in the ghost to go and kill everyone, its usually just to have a bit of fun and try get some insane kill.

18. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I think that's because a lot of the spawn points are specifically designated to a team in the base areas. That's the only fault I've seen in this map, Matty. I think I know why you set it up that way, but for FFA games it makes for poor spawning like Tinginho mentioned. I'd recommend changing them all back to Neutral and using designated team respawn areas. I know you were at your item limit but you could delete a couple of items outside of Foundry and place one per team over the areas you intended. I changed it myself after the first FFA I played and the subsequent games played much better spawn-wise. The team respawn areas are ignored during FFA and it will use the other Neutral five you've already placed. I still haven't gone back and done the same with the objective games, but I will. I plan on keeping and playing this for a loooong time. Once again, this is a wonderful map, Matty. You've really set the bar high on this one.

19. rynplng

rynplng Ancient

nice work great interlocking

20. SHADOW 609X

SHADOW 609X Ancient

I've played this map in a Team Doubles match, and it rocks! Your are rather scary with Forge. The tunnel was great looking and the whole aesthetic look to the map was great. The only things I can complain about is the spawn placements are predictable and too many times I have had enemies respawn in the little carbine room. Also, the Ghost is a little hard to use in the tight corridors. Other than that, this is a great map, and I hope to see more from you. you hear that? DL this -blam-ing map! 5/5.

- SHADOW 609X