Foundry Reflex

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Matty, May 8, 2008.

?

How do you rate this map?

1. Not so good

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Average

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Very good

35 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Outstanding

151 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

LMFAO! Dude, there is no lag when you turn the teles off.... it would have been fine with the channels changed..... lol... maybe you should go bakc and put them back, after all, they really looked great and added an awesome aesthetic effect.

2. Tex

Tex Ancient

matty, i don't know if you've tried this yet, but this map is great for 1v1 snipers, it was hilariously awesome, specially hiding behind the carbine walls, then popping out and sticking the friend ^+^

like i've said before, keep up the good work man...you've inspired me to get back to work on project u...which i have been stalling on tremendously...

3. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Matty I amazed at your forging skill and how it has improved since the days of steelworks. This shows you are becoming a master of forge. You my friend have surpassed me in skillfull artwork and creativity.

As always happy forgings
    ~Rusty

4. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

matty this map was a blast to play on i still can not believe how we got 50-50 on that team slayer game o well that doesn't matter what does matter is that this map is amazing and i gave it a 5/5

As always happy forgings
    ~Not rusty ~ Gun

5. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

insane asthetics and interlocking great gameplay it looks like to. ill DL for sure

6. DEAR2KILL

DEAR2KILL Ancient

dis iz da best map

7. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

I have found something wrong!
    When you walk near the flamethrower spawn against the regular foundry wall, a thing comes up saying that there is an inoperable turret. It's a bit annoying, but really a small problem.

8. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

Is this featured, if not, it should be

9. MacedoniaMafia

MacedoniaMafia Ancient

Looks really good.

I'm downloading right now :)

10. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

i would also like to add that i'm in the first third fourth and fifth picture. boom headshot, *****.

11. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I just got done checking this map out and I can honestly say this is the best map I have ever seen in my life. It's so well-built and such original ideas. And this doesn't even take away from the gameplay. Congrats on making such an amazing map

12. Hoff

Hoff Ancient

I like the teleporter arrows, especially the ones by the hammer spawn, I also liked the tunnel, and the unique geometry. In particular I liked the walls inside the fence walls.

But I noticed two things. Parts of the back on each side seem somewhat empty.

Also, I managed to get out of the map. First you have to get the hammer and the deployable cover. Then you get on top of the box with the dual SMGs in it. You get out by throwing the deployable cover down near the edge of the box closest to the alien sniper, jump on top of it, jump of it, and hammer and you land on top of the stairs, out of the map.

Its not that practical in an actual game. However, you may want to change it if you update the map. I hope I explained that well.

13. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Okay, I'm back, having recently played on this map with a few people who joined my game, and I must tell you this: This map is every bit as beautiful as the pictures make it. I stand by my statement that this is my favorite map, as of yet, even if just for Slayer. Fantastic work.

Slayer Review (FFA):
    Overall: This map played fantastically, even though I didn't win :p.

Weapons Balance: Your map successfully allowed me to have an enjoyable experience with a flamethrower in a competitive match, as well as a Ghost. I found that my main weapon of choice while playing was the BR, which is odd as I'm not much of a hardcore player - Make an MLG version? There were some issues with the Gravity Hammer, having two in play at the same time, but that's nothing a little edit cannot fix. I also enjoyed your choice of a Beam Rifle over a Sniper Rifle, for some reason it just fit : ).

Gameplay Balance: Not that this matters in FFA, but I found that the Beam Rifle of your map is slightly more stocked than the Flamethrower Side, I hardly ever have a reason to go there other than camp near the Spikers with said Beam Rifle. The side to the left of the Flamethrower, the back of Foundry, is also almost untouched, I literally have never gone back there other than to spawn. This is a non-issue in FFA, but I'm not sure how this works out during Team games, but I hope to soon.

Vehicle Balance: The Ghost; it serves just as well as any other weapon on the map. It's not over powering, it's close enough to be stickied, so many objects in it's way: it's incorporated perfectly into the map. I was also especially impressed with your fence wall that balances the Flamethrower, it's perfect size for the Ghost to get through, while I had thought you were just lazy by looking at the pictures :p.

I hope to update this again soon, as playing it will take up most of my time - seriously, fantastic work, I cannot stress this enough.

#93 Mysterious D, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  14. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I've been gone a few hours and look what I miss! I wish I had joined your party sooner so I could test it out! This map just looks sexy. Not much else to say. It even contains a covenant death scooter, so you know Furious will love it. The only thing this map is missing is a working conveyor belt, lol. I'm playing this tomorrow, I definitely expect to see this featured sometime in the near future.

15. Tex

Tex Ancient

Covenant Death Scooter!!! LOL

definately calling a ghost that from now on, but ya, this map definately deserves featured

16. The Dew

The Dew Ancient

Amazing. This map definitly took some work with all of that interlocking and merging with the map.

5/5

17. Hashmeer

Hashmeer Ancient

Wow this map just looks really good, the interlocking is epic, and the time and thought put in to this map. 5/5

18. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

epic Win Matty!!! Greatest Map In The Entire (halo) World!!!

19. CanCerBer0

CanCerBer0 Ancient

Very Good Map!; Awesome Interlocking And Working :)

5/5 Stars Map

Dowloading!

20. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

Looks pretty kick ass. I'll be sure to check this out. ^^

[​IMG]