Red Giant

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by x DREAM 76 x, Nov 14, 2008.

1. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Red Giant
    Created By: x DREAM 76 x

Gametype Supported: Battle Tracks
    Recommended Players: 8-16

A red giant is a large sun that is so hot and violent that it is it's own worst enemy. It's burns furiously expending all of it’s precious hydrogen energy and inevitably destroys itself. Any planets in it’s nearby region most likely will be destroyed in it’s deadly wake.. I thought it would make a cool theme for my new foundry track. This beast took around 35 hours to construct and test. I am happy with the way it came out and I know a lot of my fans shall enjoy this. I just want to thank you all for the inspiration and I hope to see racing in social matchmaking someday. I know the right people will take notice and consider the matter. I know that a lot of the community would really enjoy playing Battle Tracks as a selection for double XP weekend. We are getting all the good race tracks together. We are currently putting together all the ones that require no honor rules. Thanks and I hope you enjoy our new track! Please rate and comment.. Any questions regarding design or techniques, ask am and I will be glad to help you. See you all on the track ; )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red Giant

#1 x DREAM 76 x, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Dude, I saw this in your Party Details and was wondering if it was a new map. A DL for sure. Interlocking looks great, as does the track design. More later after racing.

Edit: This map does not disappoint. Flawless interlocking leads to turn after turn of wonderful drifting. The shield doors and grav lift provide perfect aid. Tons of speed equals all the more fun. The only problem I experienced was that sometimes you got a little air coming off the man cannon slope, and that lead to some handling issues with the shield doors, but I never had any problems regaining control (mad skillz, what can i say :p). The Singularity is still the number one track in my book, but this comes in a close second. 10/10 Excellent work

#2 ShaddoBlade, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  3. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

This looks awesome. I love the sweeping turns and the banked ramps. I haven't played it yet, but it looks like it would give great gameplay, as well as aesthetics.This is in my top 5 Race Maps on Forgehub. Awesome map. 9.5/10

EDIT: I have DL'ed it, and played it. Awesome!

#3 mastersync23, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  4. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

I am a fan of Battle Tracks after the first game I played with you guys. I had a blast testing these tracks before release (I'm the driver of the orange mongoose in the second picture). I really don't see any flaws in interlocking and the track looks smooth overall. From what I remember, you can get going very fast due to the man-cannons under the track and the shield doors are in perfect spots. Consider adding a video of a round of Battle Tracks on it too. Great job.

5. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

I am a huge!!!! fan of your last race map. I am very excited for this. I predict it will be a featured map, but thats just my opionion. Great map and great layout.

6. DoTTii

DoTTii Ancient

If i had any say-so you would have your 2nd feature and premium ASAP, you have constructed another amazing race track. 10/10

#6 DoTTii, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  7. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

Dude this IS a beast race map. Everything seems flawless and perfect. Great interlocking and layout design. I love it. This is probably one of the sweetest race map ever. 5/5 and keep makin race maps.

8. ShaggyxChipmunk

ShaggyxChipmunk Ancient

ubelievable map 101/100. i was wonderin...how do you make maps like that that aer so well interlocked if you moslty use the save and quit thingy

9. EGP

EGP Ancient

Nice work on this map, it really turned out well. The gameplay on this map looks amazing, well racing that is lol

Honestly the best race map on foundry I have seen. ( without dramatic )

10. x DREAM 76 x

My bad dude.. I was cleaning out my list. I didn't realize it was you. I will resend you another one.

11. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

dood...this map is insanee the merging especially in the first ramp looks so smooth no other racing map is twisted all the way up. Great job 10/10(will dl)

12. Skanky Toast

Skanky Toast Ancient

*ping* FEature! wow, just wow. looks like you spent a long time getting it together. and what is with this new battle tracks variant?

13. TKS x MoNsTeR x

TKS x MoNsTeR x Ancient

Nice interlocking. The track seems extremly smooth, which is needed in race tracks. Smooth turns, i would've tryed to incorporate some jumps though.
    dl

14. D34thly F1r3

D34thly F1r3 Ancient
    Banned

Woah man nice race track, i think there's something maroon heading ur way.. HOLY CRAP ITS THE QUEENSLAND STATE OF ORIGIN TEAM!!! but seriously like the map, looks a lot better than most of the race tracks i've seen on this site 5/5/5/5/5 FTW FEATURE NAO!!!!1111!!!oneeleen FTW

#14 D34thly F1r3, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  15. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Nice Dream The map is really fun.Im glad thoagh cuz i was like the 1st person to c it! lol.Good job thoa!

16. goldman 010

goldman 010 Ancient
    Banned

woot

i love this track dream this track inspires me 5/5 i hope this get featured

17. TKOwnedU5

TKOwnedU5 Ancient

i usually don't download race maps but this one made me. I mean the interlocking makes the track sooo smooth, the first ramp i love the most very nice job on that. This race map might be my last and one of the best ones Ive seen very nice job!!

18. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

UBER AWESOME!
    This is extremely neat (NEAT FREAK! :D)
    Just kiddin' man
    But I would like more pictures of the track and less pictures of the racers cuz all of the pics except the first one where focused on the racers and not the actual track.
    Still a good map though.5/5

19. x DREAM 76 x

Thanks man.. You were right. I raced the map after I got home from work today and I realized that I had too much man cannnon power.. I turned it down a bit and now the map seems to run a lot smoother.

#19 x DREAM 76 x, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  20. AItius

AItius Ancient

amazing race track, its good to see such a huge spike in the amount posted. it looks like one of the best forged that i have seen. great job!