Sandbox Red Cell

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Fenix Hulk, Mar 29, 2009.

1. FinalEndeavor

FinalEndeavor Ancient

Soulcrusher will be away for 2 weeks so there will not be any updates to the maps if needed until after that

2. Aimless Ant

Aimless Ant Ancient

Fantastic look to this map. It is basically a small arena though, which can be fun, but tend to eventually get boring as there is not a lot of skill or strategy involved. That being said, the architecture of this map is some of the best i have seen, and I would love to see you put some of those touches on a larger, more competitive map.

3. HawaiianPig

HawaiianPig Ancient

Aesthetically amazing, however I was able to trick out of the map with only jumps. Facing blue base from red, head to the flamethrower bridge, up onto the carbine spawn on the left, and then off the Red Column and on top of Red Base. A fairly simple, yet game breaking jump. Might want to merge that column in deeper.

4. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I was also just going to post the same thing except i did it with a bruteshot jump.

5. WREX

WREX Ancient

This map is sooooooooooooo sweet. Very beautiful architecture used here. Only works well with FFA, 2v2 or 3v3 Team Slayer, and KotH.

p.s. You can get out of the map by jumping up to the carbines then along the wall where you merged a Blue(red) column you just jump and land on it and jump again to the top of the base then you are out of the map....
    So either put kill balls on each base(not the best way) or delete the columns that are up there.

OTHER WISE this map is the best looking map on Sandbox I have seen to date(3-31-09).

6. NyQuil VIII

NyQuil VIII Ancient

i already know this map rocks i mean you killed me with a kill ball numerous times while making it

it brings a tear to my eye just know i could be your entertainment

7. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I suppose I'll contribute to the flood of posts for this thread.

First things first, the aesthetics are absolutely incredible, but I'm sure you already know that. The screen effects really add to that awesome look of the map, however it also makes it quite hard to see. It's kind of a Gameplay vs. Aesthetics situation, and seems like you chose the latter.

Overall, the level design is pretty good, despite it's smallness. The map has a few interesting tunnels, allowing for good sneaking, especially in an MLG or SWAT match. I was also surprised on the smoothness of the walking area. There were no large bumps and pops in the floors, at least none that I found. The Killballs in the air were another nice touch to the map aesthetics as well.

As said before, the map is breakable in one spot, but that can be fixed, as long as you rework your Budget, because I did notice that you were running low on that. I would be willing to help you with a reconfiguration on all that if you would be willing to have me do so.
    Other than all that though, I really liked this one, definitely has potential for a feature, it just needs to be reworked a bit. This one is a diamond in the rough, we just need to extract that diamond and clean it up. :D

8. Minime637

Minime637 Ancient

OMG this map is so uber sexy!!!
    okay this map looks fantastic. it is probably the best looking Sandbox Crypt map so far. It is very well constructed and you have done a very good job of using scenery items for asthetics. also this map is extremely good looking (LOL) the juicy filter looks great, hell everything looks amazing. i cant wait to downlaod this map.

5/5

9. alex quit

alex quit Ancient

...stunning...

10. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

...spam...

anyways, yes, the map does look good. very good. that is the best thing it has going for it. gameplay wise, its not so great. when i tried to play on it, it wasnt too fun. its juts too small and linear.

11. MacedoniaMafia

MacedoniaMafia Ancient

I did a quick run through of the map and it is very nice. The aesthetics are some of the best I've seen on Sandbox, and the gameplay looks like it would be great.

As a few posters have already mentioned, getting out of the map is very simple but that really isn't much of a problem.

5/5

12. Hunter85792

Hunter85792 Ancient

Ascetics are amazing and game play looks good. I really like how the lights (blue/red) occupy their entire sides. On the whole a sweet map and another download. Keep up the great forging!

13. C0RRUPTl0N

C0RRUPTl0N Ancient

Well, I downloaded it and again have to say that aesthetic wise your a rising star, I found a way out though, I don't know if that is something you were trying to avoid. Let me know if you are publishing a version two I'd be glad to help iron out those escapes and make it look amazing. But over all after playing a few times on it I have to say that it is aesthetically the best thus far on sandbox. Nice job man. Wow, if we ever put our skill together we could create a work of art, one for the books.

14. KidduR

KidduR Ancient

Look guys, maybe we should have made the disclaimer bigger or something. we know this is a small map, we know its linear, if you ever played UT04 the map was even worse (linear wise.) all it was was one hallway of death, nothing fancy. Soulcrusher took that same concept and added a halo twist so you actually could hide, get cover, and get above the other team.

Look, if you dont like small maps with fast/intense gameplay this may not be the map for you, but for the rest of us, just leave us kindly to our Crack/cocain known as red cell and let me finish my 20th game in a row lol.

15. Fenix Hulk

Fenix Hulk Ancient

I could make a version 2 but I would like to see someone attempt to get out of the map while in an actual game, it's hard enough to just get on the third level. Even if you do get out of the map, it's no gamebreaker. Yeah you can get on the base with enough fancy jumping that you will somehow magically pull off in a game, but if you can do that, the game was over before it even started due to the skill seperation between the teams. I might remake later, don't know. Right now I'm working on a similiar style (looks) of map but it will be made for its own custom gametype I have made. It will be one sided territories, but D-Day style with a beach head feel and each territory takes you farther up the "beach".

16. many popes

many popes Ancient

Wow, very colourful and very complete, I much prefer small, indoor maps as they don't seem to have pointless areas. I love the flamethrower spawn, that's destined to create some carnage at the start of rounds.

17. ToyBoxHero

ToyBoxHero Ancient

This map is 2 sick, I love the aesthetics, it makes you feel like your playing in the depths of hell lol. The gametype is more intense than regular multiflag, which everyone likes. 9/10

18. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

This is a good map. It has a conqueswt feel to it. It looks like a big grand hall from the big columns. It is an original idea and I really think it will be a lot of fun to play on. You executed this very well. I will download this map. I can't wait to get a game on this. Good job.

19. sleeper7642

sleeper7642 Ancient

First off, this map may have the best aesthetics in any map I have ever seen. This map totally fells like a small damp cave. If you had told me that this was an UT map, I honestly would have believed you. Secondly, the interlocking and smoothness are top-notch. You get 5/5 and a DL from me. Never ever stop making maps.

P.S. Nice name too.

20. Bourbon

Bourbon Ancient

This is a very slick map. One thing I noticed is that those grav lifts don't really function properly; more often than not I would go off one, arch over to the other side and get pushed right back again! Perhaps you could have only two lifts up there and then a small landing platform opposite to each lift. This would greatly enhance the gameplay at only a slight cost to the overall look and feel of the map. I played two games on it with four players and I got killed falling off those lifts one time too many.

Other than that, excellent work. Best looking map I've played on so far.