Rebirth

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by ShKai, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

Ok so this is my first competitive map. It is Rebirth as in the title, It is an almost symmetrical medium sized map. I say almost symmetrical because the bases are slightly different because flipping the Tower 2 building made me add a small bridge to keep the doorways aligned (it has no major impact on gameplay)

It is set up for all Matchmaking game variants except for BTB, Invasion Variants, and Race Variants.

The Breakdown:
    => The top of the map consist of open areas with a few buildings giving you a height advantage, but not a range. The map is small enough to make good use of ARs and other automatic weapons, but a DMR never hurt anybody.

=> The bottom of the map is a more sectioned off area with the Sword Room at the heart of the map. With more cover than open shots the bottom of the map becomes the safest route from fire but possibly a deadly ambush for the unexpecting.

=> The gameplay is fast paced but it is also determined on how a team plays. Is your team holding off the downstairs or are the shooting it out for top control. Power can change very quickly once a player goes down but upon respawn theyre never to far to go. A key note is for asymmetric gametypes (including Stockpile & Headhunter) that the spawns do not play Red vs Blue base but rather Rocket Building vs Sniper Bridge.

Power Weapons:
    => 1x Rocket Launcher with 4 rounds total
    => 1x Sniper Rifle with 12 rounds total
    => 1x Energy Sword with the full 100
    => 2x Shotguns with 12 rounds in each total to avoid a massive amount of Shotgun ammo

Other Weapons:
    => 4x DMR
    => 2x Needle Rifle
    => 2x Plasma Repeater
    => 1x Plasma Pistol
    => 1x Needler
    => 8x Frags
    => 8x Plasma

[​IMG]
    Sniper Bridge
    [​IMG]
    Rocket Building
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun Lift
    [​IMG]
    Mid Lift on Bottom
    [​IMG]
    Sword Room
    [​IMG]
    Top View

#1 ShKai, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. Informist

Informist Forerunner

Looks to open to fall, but good idea

#2 Informist, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

can you explain more on to open to fall? i dont get what you meant.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Please leave constructive crticism folks. I want to hear your thoughts.

#3 ShKai, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. Lazerfish

Lazerfish Forerunner

I think that he means you should put railings onto the map, as there is many areas where you could easily fall off accidentally, simply by backing up.

5. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

The only area without railings is the sniper bridge but it was never intended to have them. Otherwise every other area has a railing to avoid the problem of walking off. The sniper bridge was designed to be a long dangerous stretch.

6. JDiggin

JDiggin Forerunner

Looks awesome! I'll dl and run through it tonight.

- I think what he means by "too open to fall" is that there are a lot of small walkways and not one large floor for people to jump all over the place. And almost everything is open, meaning no walls to protect you if you jump.

Examples of maps that may be too open to fall: Pinnacle and The Cage

Examples of maps that are not: Reflection, Countdown and Hemorrhage

#6 JDiggin, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  7. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

It is supposed to be open up top to make the map feel larger than it is.

Also people who have already downloaded please redownload added med kit to mid lift area

8. Voltage

Voltage Forerunner

It looks great. Reminds me of what Atom should have been.

9. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

Thanks man really appreciate the comment this being my first map :)

10. Bleuprint

Bleuprint Forerunner

I will download this in a bit. By what "Atom" should have been, do you mean it has a lot of similarities. I really dislike Atom and I think the main reason is the whole underneath portion is very unworked and most people stay down there. It's quite annoying but it does have better sightlines then the top. I'll check this one shortly, like the looks of it from the shots.

11. Antares777x

Antares777x Forerunner

Those glass walls will cause major screen lag when looking through them towards the center of the map. Use something without glass or just remove them.

12. Dart3rocks

Dart3rocks Forerunner

great map, fun to play; keep up the great work
    The balance of weapons and map set up was superb, and atheistically pleasing to see with very wide spaces that lead to great small battles overall
    I give your map a 5/5 if I had to score it =)

Have a Wonderful day

#12 Dart3rocks, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  13. ShKai

ShKai Forerunner

Hey man thanks for the compliment. Just keep checking back here I keep tweaking the map just look at the edits to know.

Alright made it to top 200 most recommended keep it coming guys :) tell me what you think is best and worst part of map? And/or funniest moment on Rebirth?

#13 ShKai, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  14. Matty the IV

Matty the IV Forerunner