Reaper's Residence

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by Insanmiac, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Insanmiac

Insanmiac Ancient

[​IMG]
    A HUB OF THE DEAD II SUBMISSION

The necrotic horde spills forth from the dilapidated graveyard, a legion hell-bent on claiming your stronghold, and consuming the brains within. The old house still stands sturdy, windows and doors barricaded and at the ready. Load your guns and get to your posts. Guard all entrances, and post your marksmen at the windows. Take aim, and blow away their rotting skulls! Lay down some suppressing fire with the second-floor machine-gun, and tear their corpses to pieces! Unfortunately for you, the undead will just keep coming! Run for the yard and hide in the gazebo, or cower and die in the doghouse. There is no hope, for the undead are forever tireless and forever hungry!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REAPER'S RESIDENCE
    "A two floor house, Reaper's Residence is crafted with the upmost attention to detail, with no feature made without careful consideration and calculation. The goal was to create a map that would bring back those pleasant memories of the Halo 3 days of Infection, defending that creepy house, with the undead moaning at every entrence. Infected Manor, Spooky House, Bart's Manor, (and even some of my own maps) became great inspirations for me. Yet, Reaper's Residence stands on it's own. I hope you have fun! Happy Halloween."
    [​IMG]
    SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    The Residence. Your stronghold. Their Obstacle.

[​IMG]

The second floor, ascension from darkness.

[​IMG]

That radio brought no hope, only further hopelessness.

[​IMG]

Overwatch.

[​IMG]

The dead emerge from their dusty graves.

[​IMG]

Preparing for the horde.

[​IMG]

Here they come!

[​IMG]

Gazebo survival? Go ahead and try.

[​IMG]

Operation: Defend the Doghouse

VIDEO FOOTAGE

The Walkthrough

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange]------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff8c00][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=6][COLOR=white][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]DOWN[COLOR=darkorange]LOAD[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=white]How to Download in Halo Reach:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]​
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][FONT=Times New Roman]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white](In Halo: Reach Main Menu)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white]1) Press Start.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white]2) Go to FILE BROWSER[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white]3) Then, go to NEW CUSTOM SEARCH.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white]
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white]4) Go to FILE SHARE SEARCH.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=white]5) Search for my Gamertag, "[COLOR=darkorange]Insanmiac[/COLOR]"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=white][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4]6) Click on "[COLOR=darkorange]Reaper's Residence[/COLOR]." Choose DOWNLOAD.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=white][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4]7) Play with Alpha Zombies for a great time, or try "[COLOR=darkorange]Hallow's Eve Haunt[/COLOR]", available for a limited time from my fileshare. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=white]...or use the links at the top of the post.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/FONT]

[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white][COLOR=white][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=6][COLOR=darkorange]Happy Friggin' Halloween![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]​

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=white]

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

#1 Insanmiac, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. TerrorWolfman

TerrorWolfman Forerunner

How did u get the turrets in infection, i did that and made them game specific,but when u play they wont show, and the game options i had the turrets as map default?

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Ive got 3 zombie maps i want to post, but i need help with 1 that has great positions for turrets in the gameplay

#2 TerrorWolfman, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

I'm glad to see a forger like you enter the Hub of the Dead II contest. You have my vote for sure. My jaw dropped when I saw the exterior of the house, great job on that. Qued for DL.

Also, in the video, you mentioned an attic, but I don't see it in the map post.

4. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Oh my, a gazebo that isnt made with with ramp circulars, the lights from the house look azmaing as well. I was always a fan of your maps, so clean and fun to play on. Good luck in the contest.

5. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

This map is extremely beautiful , and it catches the eerie feeling perfectly. I can definitely see the resemblance from infected manor on Halo 3. The best of luck to you in the contest.

6. spy penguin

spy penguin Forerunner

Daaammm this map is awsome when i first saw it it was amazing but the residance itself the exterrior looks empty it looks blank. but the map still looks great i laughed at the dog house i can imagine seeying a noob camping in there like i win then all the zombies just go for him.

7. bawward

bawward Forerunner

I had the same initial response. I enjoy the idea of radio/unique gazebo and awesome exterior chandeliers, but idk... the exterior of the "manor" seems a little neglected. After watching the video the game play looked smooth and after flying around as the monitor on your map I was given many ideas for my own designs.
    nice job, good luck with the contest!