Reactor Core

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Lintendo64, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

This looks kinda cool, but what it reminded me of is the fact that there hasn't been a multiplayer level in space since Halo CE (Boarding Action and the one that they remade for H2 along with Hang 'em High). I really hope they make a space map for H3

2. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

Very nice map. I wasn't really fond of it in Halo 1 but this might be my woot?

3. monpe45

monpe45 Ancient

This map is awsome Lintendo, I love CTF and finally we get another awsome looking CTF map. This is a defently a DL for me.

4. LethalAftermath

LethalAftermath Ancient

Finally, a well-done spiritual successor to the almighty Boarding Action: one of my favorite maps from CE. This map is -blam!- awesome.

5. LIGHTSOUT225

another great job lintendo...way to capture the spirit of Boarding Action. love it. I was skeptical about how much actual playing area there was at first, but when i got in there and ran around i was proven wrong. Both sides extend deeper than i thought and it seems like itll flow nicely. cant wait to log a few matches in here.

PS i love being daring and storming across the gap in between the explosion sets with a grenade jump.

6. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

wow this looks really well done

7. Ty

Ty Guest

It vaguely reminds me of Boarding action, but also of a level in Marathon. I like how the map looks like it wasn't done on Foundry.

8. Madness4mayhem

Madness4mayhem Ancient

9. Rex2

Rex2 Ancient

Very nice map, though if you fall into the middle, that doesnt always mean death, when i was trying it out, i found out if you are in any of the corners of the death pit and jump right before the fusion coils explode then it can launch you out, the highest iv been launched so far was to the 2nd floor.

10. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

That looks really fun Lintendo you should apply to be a Guilder.

11. Lintendo64

Lintendo64 Ancient

Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes I know it is possible to get out, it's possible to survive and grenade jump out, it's all random luck. There's really no way I could guarantee death without instant respawning fusion coils, which I decided against due to the massive lag it causes.

12. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Use steep bridges and death teleporters to make it kill you every time, like in Gulf Chronicle.

13. Lintendo64

Lintendo64 Ancient

I've considered this options, however I don't have enough teleporters, nor do I have any bridges left. I kind of like what I have though. It's generally effective at killing, and the little luck factor is kinda nice. Plus it gives people a second or two to think "oh crap" :)

14. Lintendo64

Lintendo64 Ancient

weird. For a minute I thought they used my map in the 1v1 showdown. Took me a minute to look at the screens and see it was different

15. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

i always used to play this on halo CE, will give it a download

16. Realistic

Realistic Ancient

So you finally posted it :D. Glad I was able to help you with the fine tuning, especially locking the map down to prevent escape. Its Beyond ED, by the way, I'll get an invite out to your new account ASAP. Looking forward to forging with you again.

[edit] I think thats me in the "Blue holds the Fort" With the Katana! Very cool ;D

17. Lintendo64

Lintendo64 Ancient

Thanks Beyond, look forward to having you help me test other maps

18. JediWithASniper

JediWithASniper Ancient

The Furious Review

By: JediWithASniper

Here are my ratings and review.

Enjoyment: 5 out of 10

Balance: 6 out of 10

Durability: 6 out of 10

Aesthetics: 7 out of 10

Originality: 4 out of 10

I enjoyed myself on this map, but not for the reasons one might typically think. It was the excellent scenery that kept me happy, and yet even that fell short. Because of the relatively small size of this map, the multiple snipers, fuel rod, br's, and literally tons of grenades & equipment made for an uncomfortable stay at this particular level. Almost every time someone was killed, it was like a grunt birthday party, you have to choose carefully which piece of candy you want, will it be the fully loaded sniper, or the shotgun, br, and fire grenade, and health regenerator. Honestly, I thought that this map need a major funding cut when it came to weapons and equipment supply. I was pleased with the overall setup of the map, and did not find the fusion cores to be very bothersome at all. One thing I did dislike, was that the teleporters were only from one side to the other, and could not take you up or down. Frankly, this map could have used two teleporters on each level, on each side of the map, one to take you across, and another to take you up or down. The stairs were kind of frustrating to me, but they served their purpose. In summary, I had fun, but the level seemed to need some trimmings to make it the best boarding action remake.

My Overall Rating Is: 6 out of 10

19. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

this looks so cool and ilove the idea of the pit where if you fall in you die by the coils very nice 10/10

20. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

Don't know if I will be lonely in agreement, but I think you hit it right on the button Jedi.
    A tad bit too many weapons for a medium sized map, and I thought some teleporters were needed in a few places.

Good job as always overall though, lintendo