Reach screenshot guide(1st one!)

Discussion in 'Screenshot Guides' started by mooseIV, May 15, 2010.

1. mooseIV

mooseIV Ancient

Ok I know a lot of you really enjoy taking screenshots and are also taking some in the reach beta, so I though I'd help you out with some kickass effects.

examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tutorial:This effect can only be done on sword base, on the top level of the grav lift base. On that level there is a large glass platform with breakable glass on the edges of it. Take some sort of colorful weapon (focus rifle, plasma pistol, plasma repeater, etc) and step onto the platform. Once there, shoot up at about a 45 degree angle with that weapon. In theater, look through the plasma shot and at the right angle you'll get the above effect.

Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tutorial: This effect can only be done in invasion and is very simple. Find a wraith or scorpion and stand on top of it. Then have a friend or yourself shoot at it with a weapon without a blast radius (so you don't kill yourself) until it explodes. The explosion will create a very sweet background like you see in the above screenshots.

Example:
    [​IMG]

Tutorial: This screenshot is a lot like the first and can only be done on swordbase. Go to the middle of the of the map and jump onto a ledge by the middle lift. On the ledge, your back should be to the weird grating which is in the example. Then, with a colorful weapon, shoot straight in front of you. When in theater look through the shot and at the right angle it should come out like the shot above.

If you have any questions comments or complaints let me know.

#1 mooseIV, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  2. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

Already?
    Wow this games going to be found out by the first week

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Um...spam much?

Moose, I think you should constantly update this thread with new found effects when Reach comes out. It can become a compilation of sorts and maybe even include effects that other people have.
    IDK, suggestion...

4. mooseIV

mooseIV Ancient

Lol, if you look, I posted this during the beta.

@crypto, I'm already regretting posting this and the effects I find at the beginning of reach I will keep to myself for a while, so sorry but if you want some effects, it will be a while

5. spartan117boy

spartan117boy Forerunner

Screenshot question

i noticed on the two pics that have like either plasma or fire you were able to zoom into them and be able to see up close to your spartan/elite well when i zoom in and get not really close that stuff disappears on me like for example when i throw a plasma grenade it makes a nice blue cloud of explosion but when i go to zoom in on it it disappears any info? or clue why....