Rc racing

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by xBANDlTx, Mar 22, 2010.

1. xBANDlTx

xBANDlTx Forerunner

Always been a forger, but recently been loving the race tracks!
    Came across here through halotracks.org. Great job on both sites!

I created this as my 1st race track.

RC-RACING
    Remember the old radio control race tracks, hills, jumps, cross overs, just having a whacky good ole time. This track has multiple routes & is setup for vip lap counters.
    Built for fun, hope you enjoy it as much as we do..

RC-RACING : TRACK DOWNLOAD
    GO-GOCART : MY TRACK COUNTER, SETUP FOR A LITTLE XFUN.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------
    XBL: xBANDlTx

#1 xBANDlTx, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Zanderman227

Zanderman227 Forerunner

You know... This doesn't really help him much at all. I mean, it's his first race track! Cut it out, really.

As for something constructive... Even though I wouldn't say it's sloppy, I would say that some parts DO look a little... rough... Try ghost merging some ramps instead of just dropping a "tube ramp" and calling it a day. It's the extra little time spent on each placement that really makes a feature-worthy map. I mean, with all the fantastic race tracks to be found here in forgehub, no one's going to download something that doesn't look aesthetically pleasing. I myself just deleted 5 off my xbox because honestly my friends don't really enjoy playing them more than once in a great while so I decided that i could put the space to better use. After all, you can only have 100 custom content. But an A for effort, and I really like it when there's more than one direct course in a race track. Mixes things up a bit. Just try to merge more, and maybe get ask for help from some of the amazing forgers and track builders here? I can't make any elaborate race tracks, so don't ask me, but... Yeah...

3. just defy

just defy Ancient

honestly... that does help out. its not a matter of figuring it out. hes "always been a forger" thats just plain advice bud. im not gonna try and sweeten it up for him. i could make things more clear for him... interlock pieces and dont lead a straight away into a heavy incline

4. El3m3nt Knight

El3m3nt Knight Ancient

I'm gonna get straight to the point. A few things I noticed from the pics:
    don't use tubes, unless they're straight because of the small turn spaces.
    I like how the track has multiple tracks yet I don't understand how it relates to rc cars. It inspires ideas though. Maybe you could have a race course that would have hazards and traps that a guy on a platform with a sniper can activate to either save them or kill them. So he's sorta remotely controlling them. Also needs moar interlocks ;)
    I might use that idea if I can get over the tediousness of making a race track, lol.

5. xBANDlTx

xBANDlTx Forerunner

Yup, I agree with all that was said.. and yup, 1st race track - when it comes slayer style maps perfect welds aren't quite as necessary. And the budget isn't usually tanked. Thank you for all the input, and will keep your advice close.. onwards :)

Copy, Copy, Copy.

Still a fun race tho ;)

6. DIEabolical

DIEabolical Forerunner

Dont worry you will be making badass race maps soon if you take advice and study other race maps. My advice would be smoother tracks with aesthetics of course.