Remake Rat Trap

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Vincent Torre, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Rat Trap

Rat Race Remake From Halo:CE. Updated Weapons and Spawns. Supports all gametypes.
    Built by Vincent Torre.

To Download: Start -> File browser -> Map variants -> Fileshare search -> "Vincent Torre"

Forged by: MickRaider
    Gametypes: All gametypes supported
    Recommended: CTF, Infinity Slayer, Dominion, Extraction, Grifball, Flood, Regicide
    Supports 2-10 players. Up to 8 Teams.

[​IMG]

Description:
    Rat Race is a map that is very nostalgic to me, and as such I've decided yet again to bring it back into Halo.

I got measurements during the Halo 3 era, but didn't build a version till Halo: Reach. Eventually it made it into the Team Classics Playlist. I hopefully improved upon that one. Especially with a major overhaul of the cave area.

I did a few modifications to the weapons (changing them to Ordnance Drop instead). I also added in more than 2 teams of spawns, and made it compatible with all Halo 4 default gametypes.

If that's not good enough for you there's also a Classic version which has all original spawn locations and weapons.

[mouseoverimage=http://mickraider.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Rat-Trap-OH-labeled-th1.png]http://mickraider.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Rat-Trap-OH-th2.png[/mouseoverimage]
    *Mouseover to view Weapon spawns and Teleporter connections*

Weapon List:

[weapon] / [number on map] / [respawn time]

Initial

Pistol / 1 / 180
    Assault Rifle / 2 / Never
    Storm Rifle / 1 / Never
    Needler / 1 / 180

Sticky Launcher / 1 / Never
    Shotgun / 1 / Never

Plasma Grenades / 1 / Initial / 180
    Frag Grenades / 1 / Initial / 180

Random

Shotgun / Scattershot / 1
    Sticky Launcher / Saw / 1
    Storm Rifle / Assault Rifle / Supressor / 2

Videos:
    EVO KoTH on Rat Trap (Halo 1 Rat Race) - YouTube

Pictures:

The iconic Barrier. Unfortunately the Covenant Shield isn't in forge
    [​IMG]

More:
    Red Base:
    [​IMG]

Cave Teleporter:
    [​IMG]

Yellow Teleporter Room (Sticky Launcher):
    [​IMG]

Blue Base:
    [​IMG]

Cave Entry:
    [​IMG]

Green hallway:
    [​IMG]

Hourglass:
    [​IMG]

Ramp to Red Base:
    [​IMG]

Ramp to Red Base from Green:
    [​IMG]

Overshield and Shotgun:
    [​IMG]

Towards Blue Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for checking my map out. I'm open to constructive criticism and comments.

#1 Vincent Torre, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Randy 355

Randy 355 Multiplayer Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Senior Member

It really is a shame that nobody has commented on this. In fact, I'm surprised. This is well made!

My memories are fuzzy on the original map (and CE multiplayer in genreal) but this certainly feels like Rat Race. That is, it feels like Rat Race when I run around on it alone. I need to play customs on it so I know it feels like Rat Race! I bet it does.

This map deserves more posts, and hopefully it will get them now. I don't want it to suffer the same fate my thread is.

3. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

Looks great. I love the details you put into all the floor and wall surfaces.

4. Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost Promethean

I never played the original but this looks well done. Nice work, if I get a chance to play it I will comment some more.

5. Yama

Yama Forerunner

Finally played this a bit with some friends, amazing job. It brought back a ton of nostalgia and thanks to your unique vision, it has evolved from an aesthetic point of view. Great work.

6. CHa0s

CHa0s Promethean
    Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Edit: HAHA! I thought I was posting on this in it's Halo 5 thread. Well, same applies. Tried to delete this but can't find out how. Now I'm off to find the Halo 5 version post to comment on that fantastic map!

Very clean, excellently reproduced map. Plays very well with Strongholds and is also fun with Swat and Oddball.