Rat Race

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by WinningByDefault, Aug 3, 2011.

1. WinningByDefault

WinningByDefault Forerunner

Welcome to my first map submission ever here on Forge Hub!

Now, let me begin by saying I have always been a fan of the Indiana Jones maps like the one found here.

I was tired of playing the same two or three over and over with my friends so I decided to work on my own. As I worked and worked I wanted to come up with new obstacles that I haven't seen before. Twists and turns to keep the gameplay exciting. Also, I ran through my map a few times I realized that Indiana Jones usually only runs out of the cave after he has the prize. So in what situation could a bunch of people be running after a prize in a silly, fun, imaginative way... sounds like the movie Rat Race!

[​IMG]

In this game, everyone spawns in the same room. You must then run through the map, jumping obstacles, being chased by kill balls and other sorts of crazy antics to reach the prize! (I know in the movie the prize was one million dollars... wouldn't it be great if I could offer that?)

Since this is Rat Race, messing with your opponents is encouraged, just make sure you don't get yourself stuck in the process. ;)

The trials get progressively harder as you go along which is compensated by people falling off the trail as time continues.

[​IMG]
    Try to get a leap ahead of the competition. (pun intended)

[​IMG]
    Don't be scared! It's only a kill ba -ouch-...

[​IMG]
    Olympic gold medalist for hurdles - year 2552.

[​IMG]
    Power up? More like power down...

[​IMG]
    Almost there! Just a hop, skip and a jump further!

[​IMG]
    On the edge of success.

... and a few more obstacles without pictures!

One final key piece of information:
    Custom Powerup Traits
    -Player movement: 0%
    -Player jump height: 0%
    -Avoid these

If anyone has any complaints or suggestions of things I need to fix on this map, please post it so I can get them. Also, if there is any positive feedback for me post it as well too. I have some ideas for a second map but if there is not enough desire for it, I probably wont forge it.

This map has been play tested with a max of 8 players. I'm fairly certain that is will support 16 though.

Video Run Through
    ‪Rat Race Trial 1.0‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks again and enjoy,

#1 WinningByDefault, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. WinningByDefault

If you mean did I have any money left, then yes. I had plenty left I just felt it was time to end this map. If people think I should add more then I will though. :)

3. diabeticxwalrus

diabeticxwalrus Forerunner

Hurdles?

My friends and I are stuck at the hurdles, any help?

4. WinningByDefault

Yeah, that part was pretty tricky. If you just keep sprint jumping, you wont make it. You have to kinda stop sprinting and crouch jump over them. You should have plenty of time to finish it all in that soft kill area. :)

5. PromanJr

PromanJr Forerunner

problems were the weird video and pic at the top and it was to short there was only like 7 things to do the rest was just running to the next thing if it was longer it would be better other than that it was a good map

6. chicken hater75

chicken hater75 Forerunner

entertaining, you should make another one, cause i can never have enough sprint maps.

7. darkholegames

darkholegames Forerunner

It is fun but it would be more fun if you could still go through the course after your last man standing. Thats one thing that pissed me and my friends off.