Rainbow6: Vegas 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xxxmasterofuxxx, Mar 21, 2008.

1. xxxmasterofuxxx

xxxmasterofuxxx Ancient
    Banned

Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 is a great game, if you like tactics. It is not a run and gun type of game, so dont grab the 21e and run all over the map shooting like master chief on speed, cause you will die. I would recomend this game to everyone who wants to do something other than run and gun/ rocket whoring/ swordslutting/ ghost camping/ whtvr.

Marksman gets you Sniper Rifles [psg-1, L96] and very accurate assault rifles [ m468, Tar 21, and so on]

CQB gets you smgs[ mp7a1, aug para] and shotguns [spaz 12, 500 tactical]

Assault gets you Light machine guns [21e, g36s with drummag], hard hitting pistols [ desert eagle, Raging bull 44 mag}], and last, assault will get you a combat shield so you can have a shield and pistol for room clearing [desert eagle + shield = pwn]

"[-] = examples of weapons that can be unlocked,but not all of weapons that can be unlocked. trust me, there are lots of guns"

If you have the game and are pretty good at it, post your name here.

halo 3 = super fast paced run and gun.
    Vegas 2 = Slow and fast paced tactical warfare where aiming is recommended.

2. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Let's compile a list of the RSV2 players!

And put your class that you use most often.

I use a FAMAS, reflex scope, usually frags and incen grenades. You?

3. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I want to get this game but i spent the money i could have bought it with on tickets to The Mars Volta.

I want this game really bad. I need a job.

4. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I was tryin today at Best Buy to get it. Just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Someone convince me why I should buy this game.

5. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

So you can play with me? Because it is horribly addicting? Because it is tactical?

Lastly, please.

6. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

A friend of mine who is an extremely big fan of the first title tells me:

It is WAY more than he expected. He thought it was just going to be basically a 60$ expansion pack with all the same bullshit as the first game.

But apparently it is not, and it is completely awesome.

I want it so bad. Halo is boring, tactical is awesome.

7. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

But I do have some issues with the spawning. A well put together team can camp a spawn the whole game. The little invincibility spawn does not help. They find a hiding spot, shoot you just when it runs. One emergency spawn would be nice, if their is a person spawn camping, then you spawn in another area. The best map is Convention, because it is terribly difficult to spawn camp. Worst is CQB Training, IMO.

8. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I really like the idea of leveling up kind of like an RPG but with a shooter. That is what really appealed to me in CoD4. And from I have been hearing, not just here. Is that you can customize a lot of stuff. Plus silenced Snipers.

9. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

There is an incredibly hard ranking, system in my opinion. Much harder than CoD4, where you flew through the rankings. Master explained it. A short range kill gives you CQB, to unlock short range guns. So if your a short range player, your going to get those type guns. Long range? Vice versa with marksman.

Pretty good customization, you can scan yourself! Besides that, you can change your clothes and armor, which is nice.

10. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I am going to check and see if my local Blockbuster has it in stock.

11. CrunchyForPresident08

titmar,dont believe your friend it is really nothing more than maybe two or three changes and they are all minor enough to be downloadable content.If you dont have the first buy.If you do wait till the price drops

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

see i never owned the first game though, i only played it a couple times.

so it will be like a completely new awesome game to me.

oh yea, and the face scanning...

i have this really funny looking friend who scanned his face in Vegas 1 and it was the funniest ****ing thing ever to see him in the game

13. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I also didn't play the second one. I will probably go rent it today if they have it in stock.

14. xxxmasterofuxxx

xxxmasterofuxxx Ancient
    Banned

*sadface* i wanna kill you with my aug para or my L96! GO GET A JOB AND GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is worth it, and halo is boring, atleast it is until the new map pack comes out. TACTICS FTW

I am a 20 marksman / 20 cqb / 12 assault. I use the L96 with a 6x-12x scope / desert eagle side arm or the aug para with extra ammo and a desert eagle. I sometimes use the g3a4 assault rifle cuz it works like a snipe but can shoot fast if needed.

15. KRONOS117

KRONOS117 Ancient

I ordered it on amazon gonna get here tuseday fastest way its on backorder every where else in texas :squirrel_sad:

16. Nicko

Nicko Ancient

Im probably getting it for my birthday in april. It looks so much fun. :(

17. AqueousBeaver

AqueousBeaver Ancient

This game is one of the best. The gameplay is extremely fun, both single player and multi, but my favorite thing is the character creation. The way you can move up through the ranks, unlocking armor, camo, guns, etc. makes it fun to play over and over (way too much). And the best part is the ability to use the xbox cam to upload your character's face. Why don't more games do this?

On the other hand, while they fixed a lot of things from the first game, and added some new stuff here and there (the sprint is crucial), it is what it is, a sequel. If you are crazy and didn't like RSV, then RSV2 probably doesn't have enough changes to please you. But then again, you are still crazy.

18. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Bought this game yesterday and love it,i had the first one but never got around to playing it (***ed up huh?)
    Only played a few missions on co-op and failed three quick terrorist hunts with my friend.
    I wouldnt say im great at the game or anything put throw me a FR or a game inv if you feel merciful =)

At the minute i use the famas with a 6x scope-imo a sniper on single shot whe ni need it and a spray and pray when necessary

THIS GAME IS WHAT SWAT IN HALO IS ATTEPTING TO BE BUT WAY BETTER
    I think that summarises this game for those who ahvent played.

The only downsides ive seen is you always spawn in the same place on a map and finding a match is annoying most of the time.
    Anyone know how to get arnound these?
    BTW the voice recog for the man commands is soooo cool.
    Only im used ot halo so i try to melee inanimate objects occasionaly and well...b is the grenade button...lol self owned

19. Matty

Matty Ancient

Im 20 on CQB, Marks and Assault.

Im pretty good. Avg frag rate of about 5:1..

If you need any unranked games i host alot, especially from tommorow onwards when i get my mic fixed..

20. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

i originally hated it, however, after beating campaign and playing Terrorist Hunt repeatedly, I find it AWESOME now.

I have the greatest spot on Killhouse to power level my tank against the damned terrorists, hes freaking insane looking,

that coupled with super ragdoll and third person view cheat makes the game all the more enjoyable, its so cool that no matter what you wanna do, you can search for it in the game to play with random people, whether it be campaign, freeforall, or even terrorist hunt

its AWESOME, I highly recommend it for anyone who is extremely tactical in their gaming