Remake Rainbow Road v3 (Mario Kart 64)

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by TurbTastic, Oct 26, 2010.

1. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Forerunner

My friend and I have been making Mario Kart 64 remakes and so far we have 10/16 completed. This is my version of Rainbow Road which is available on my fileshare (TurbTastic). I recreated the chompers with landmines in the same areas. To increase difficulty I left out the center part of the track in some areas. Other maps available include Toad's Turnpike, Frappe Snowland, Koopa Troopa Beach, and Choco Mountain. The other 5 can be found on the fileshare of SO IYIeRciLeSs and these include DK's Jungle Parkway, Sherbet Land, Bowser's Castle, Banshee Boardwalk, and Wario Stadium (new and improved version coming at some point).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 TurbTastic, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. biesterd1

biesterd1 Forerunner

looks good, im surprised to see someone actually made this map. i thought about it but it seemed way too hard because of all the banks and such. is your map smoot or not really?

3. deathjoke

deathjoke Forerunner

Nice Map

Hey,

I'm new her and my first impression is, WOW what a maps :p
    And I really like your maps!
    But one question.. How did you put more lights in it? the maximum amount of them are 2?
    Or do you have modded the game?

Grtz Matthias

4. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Forerunner

Lights/Smoothness

I used the powerups to simulate some of the lights (overshield=red, etc.). The banks aren't the smoothest in the world, but I did put emphasis on making the inside corners more smooth as this is the more logical path. ( Think this was hard, my buddy is working on Yoshi Valley!)

5. rafi21

rafi21 Ancient

i didnt find yoshi's racecourse on the forums, but i think it was yours. just wanted to say that i loved the fireball egg :)
    and Banshee Boardwalk, i liked the cone bats lol