Radiant

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Audienceofone, Mar 15, 2013.

?

What do you think of Radiant?

1. Not my style

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Okay

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Great

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

[​IMG]

Radiant
    Created
    by Juanez Sanchez

Recommended Gametypes: Capture the Flag, King of the Kill, Team Slayer, Oddball, and Extraction.
    Recommended Players: (2-10)

After months of work testing and building this, Juanez Sanchez has delivered to us a gem of a competitive map. Radiant is a work of art made into an arena for Halo 4. Each section is clearly definable not only by color, but also through use of geometry. In this final version of Radiant, Juanez Sanchez has taken the traditional arena map and made it his own beautiful creation.

[​IMG]

Radiant showcases two sides and three main center positions, each with their own unique attributes and methods of getting there. A green bridge splits the purple and yellow middle sections, changing how players move drastically. A team must be smart and strong to overcome their foes on radiant, and knowledge of the map allows for some beautiful opportunities to flank or surround your opponents.

Juanez Sanchez has outdone himself here, creating a map that cries out its identity strongly and defiantly against and with Halo 4's new mechanics. In a game with all of the things added over the last few games in this series, jetpacks and sprint allow for new opportunities to travel and move around Radiant, though it never feels much like Halo 4 despite this. When playing radiant, I am reminded of the older Halo games, and can only smile as I play long its paths and attempt to dodge the snipers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radiant was so very fun to play on, and I am glad to have had the chance to see it develop over the weeks during testing. We hope you enjoy Juanez's arena of death as much as we did.

Love,
    xAudienceofone.

Download Radiant

You can view the original map thread by the author here.

If you have seen a map floating around the board that you think is worthy of a feature then head on over to recommend that map for a feature. Additionally, if you have any questions about this article in specific feel free to voice them in our front page feedback.​

#1 Audienceofone, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Congratulations to you, Juanez - I've greatly enjoyed playing this map week after week and watching it evolve from merely attractive and great-playing to really quite the stunner, and something I think all of us in the group look forward to playing again. Mid-bridge + rockets = me and Cyborg going to WAR. Radiant is your best work and I hope it's a sign of more greatness to come.

3. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

I don't know what to say- thanks for all the support you guys! TCOJ core members have been playing and forging together for a good while now- I am just glad I gave back something fun and competitive for 'yall to play on.

4. Kazerra

Kazerra I Beat the Staff!

Congratulations on the Feature, Juanez! I can remember playing on an early version of this that was snuck into an FFC lobby some time ago, and it has certainly changed since then!

The screenshots look stunning and I'm sure the gameplay will be just as good, if not better. I love competitive maps, so will definitely be getting a lobby together to try and play on this.

Excellent work.

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

While I have yet to play this, the design looks very simple, yet original. That's always something I enjoy.

Congrats.

6. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

Thanks you guys. Just glad that I finally banged something decent out in forge. I must say I do actually enjoy playing on Radiant myself, not something I can usually claim about most of my maps. Wierd to see your name on the front page too.

7. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I know what you mean. Every time people say something good about anything I've ever done I'm just like "why do you like that?"

I suppose we both just need to listen to our peers and trust that we did well, and you sir have dove so very well with the creation of this beaut. ;)

8. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This feature is on the Waypoint blog guys!!

9. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

10. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Should boost FH a little bit.

11. Xun

Xun The Joker

I take it this the first time a FHF has been featured on a Halo website? Hmm, interesting. It'll give people more incentive to pick up their game when it comes to map making.

12. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

It should.
    People, its time to bring Forgehub back to its former glory!

No, but for serious. Why don't we get Forgehub active, not as it is now, but just when it was during Reach. What is it that we can do about it? Now? I hope this is a great motivation, for everyone.

Juanez, I haven't complimented your map yet..
    What can I just say? It is epic. Of course it is. I don't really have to tell you that though, you recieved a FHF and you are probally the first to get featured on Waypoint.
    BAM! Talent.

13. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

This is my one goal on staff ;) Bring it back to what it was when I left.

We need to spread the word that FH has changed. We're open and accepting of everyone. Our moderation is lax now and people are free to post as they wish. "This map is great!" sure why not. "Will download this when I get home!" a little vague, but hey I bet the OP wants to hear that.

Forgehub became a great site by being the go-to place for all things forging. We can get back to that by convincing the best forgers in the community to return and spread their creations here.

And it's all up to the community to live up to these dreams and hopes.

14. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

And we are part of that community.

I like this, and I want to help in every way possible, any way a Member could help.
    I have no idea where to start though.
    Forgehub still is a great site, and yes.. We need to spread the word that Forgehub changed. I hope everyone thinks the same here.
    We need change.
    We need Forgehub back, the way it was.

15. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

Wow. Too much man. It's awesome that this has been chosen.

Thanks for anyone who supported me making it. The TCOJ guys are my bro's.