Radar Jammer Launch

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Nerf, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Nerf

Nerf Ancient

While messing around with Radar Jumping in a map, I decided to see if I could stack Radar Jammers into of one another, just for fun. I let loose one after another into one concentrated spot, then they started to explode like they normally do. I decided to blow them all at once with a grenade to see how it looked, when to my surprised, I was flung across the map and straight into the map ceiling. I tried again with a Spartan Laser and it launched me the same distance without taking much health as opposed to having no shields.

How to: Grab a Spartan Laser. Create a Radar Jammer spawn in the desired launch location, change it to an instant respawn. Pile up Radar Jammers until they start to explode on their own, charge your laser, and fire. Even two jammers can get you a nice throw.

Could somebody test this with other objects, like Power Drains? I don't have the time right now myself, I also play WoW and am preparing for a raid.

2. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Power drainers would kill you... but good find on the minimal damage launch trick. I might use this for something one of these days...

3. absentrabbit

absentrabbit Ancient

That’s kinda cool, I’m not sure how this could be used in a map, but still vary interesting.

4. SuperClarkman

SuperClarkman Ancient

That is cool, I think that one could use it in one of those puzzle maps.

Also, I tryed Flares but it wouldn't work the best because I never even got to shoot them becuase I couldn't see anything. ;D

5. Nerf

Nerf Ancient

Haha, yeah, the 'best' launch is with a grenade though, sometimes the Laser doesn't get them all.

6. Sage

Sage Ancient

a better trick with a radar jammer is that you can jump off of it right after you throw it so it wors like a double jump.

Its tricky to do though cuz u have to lokk towards the ground jump throw it and jump off of it.

7. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

For reasons i am unaware of, its called "poop" jumping. Also, it can be done with flares and power drains, if my memory serves me correctly.

8. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

I've tried power drainers, it doesn't work. It works with flares, radar jammers, and deployable cover.

To be honest (and not to be a jerk or anything) this seems like old news to me. Radar explosions are powerful yet harmless, like a gravity hammer jump. This being incorporated into a map would be nice (as a last ditch effort to escape from the horde of zombies?) but I can't see too much potential from it. It's still neat though.

9. Abdoozer

Abdoozer Ancient

This would be a great addition to a puzzle map. I might use this.

P.S. Nice observation by the way.

10. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

does this work on custom games and not just on forge?
    if so i can think of a good map...well imo good :)
    large wall dividing the map with a base on one side and a complex type building on the other.a tower form the base has a good overlook of the complex without being too close to it.
    players must work as a team to reach a radar jammer spawn and they must keep the snipers on the tower(equipped with br's) busy while one charges the "launchpad" they then group up and are fired into the opposing base to grab the opjective/plant the bomb...souns good to me :)

11. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

So, do you shoot the Radar Jammers at point blank to get that much distance or farther away?

12. IndigoDiablo

IndigoDiablo Ancient

Wouldnt this trick only work for the host though?