Racetracks

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Rantick, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rantick

Rantick Forerunner

I am currently making a racetrack(or like 5) but I was wondering, how come every time I try to play it the map is "not compatible with this gametype" i.e. racing. What am I doing wrong?

and no, I am not an idiot, but I dont understand the thread waxy made and was wondering what is the simple version?

#1 Rantick, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

3. Rantick

Rantick Forerunner

yeah, I placed one next to the spawn point just to test it, but it still didn't work.

another thing that confuses me is the spawns. How do you get people to spawn on mongooses?

4. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Rantick, it needs to be set up for race for people to spawn in a vehicle.

If you have Race checkpoints placed, have you labelled them as Race_Check? or something like that.
    To reach the label properties, highlight the item (don't technically need to select it, jsut look at it) Press X (or your menu button) select advanced, then label.
    You MUST be in forge on the RACE gametype. Basic editing will not display the labels.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, set it up for race. I downloaded 5 race tracks / jumps yesterday and no maps were set up for race, they were all extremely poor quality too and they all made it on highest downloads on Reach. I was beginning to think the entire halo community was made up of 5 year old kids :/

5. Rantick

Rantick Forerunner

ah, thanks. I always thought basic editing was the forge gametype, and everything else was just random stuff bungie had thrown in. Never really realised. Thanks =)