Gametype RACETRACKS Tutorial

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by TurbTastic, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Forerunner

#1 TurbTastic, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Thank you so much! I tried making a variant with the domination gt but I was unsuccessful.

3. TurbTastic

TurbTastic Forerunner

No problem bro! If anyone has any questions about it ask away. Here's a few tips I think the tutorial didn't touch on:

-dominion base shields are extremely useful (as walls/borders), colorful, and cheap
    -the default gametype has damage set to 0% (due to use of starting shields) so if you plan on using mines or kill balls you will need to use a player trait zone to override the gametype (10% damage, invulnerable, assassination immunity)
    -making it impossible to cheat is rather difficult, but making it fun and functional is fairy easy (ask me if determined)
    -use teleporters as checkpoints (I do vehicles-true, players-false so players can kill themselves when necessary) in areas where racers can fall to their deaths; this can take a lot of work but will minimize frustration and maximize fun

4. AussieForger

AussieForger Promethean

just wish there was a gametype race like reach, was so much easier to set checkpoints and you would always spawn at your last checkpoint when you fall off, keep up the mario kart and race track forging, i did a lot of this on reach which included a nice wario stadium amongst many others. i hope that they get on making some new gametypes like everyone else lol